Russo-Ukrainian War 2014-23 and Invasion

Started by mongers, August 06, 2014, 03:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Maybe, Legbiter, but I don't think this is something that would be risked if the military organisation being upheaveld is managing a well-going war at the moment.

CC, I think corruption is too central to the feudal Russian regime to assume that it would be fought past as an excuse for one power bloc to attack the other.

Jacob

Both potential readings seem reasonable to me.

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Jacob on May 24, 2024, 09:40:05 AMBoth potential readings seem reasonable to me.

And can be true at the same time too.

grumbler

This could also be a "round up the usual suspects" operation to pinpoint some convenient scapegoats for the Russian military failures.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

crazy canuck

Quote from: Tamas on May 24, 2024, 08:55:16 AMMaybe, Legbiter, but I don't think this is something that would be risked if the military organisation being upheaveld is managing a well-going war at the moment.

CC, I think corruption is too central to the feudal Russian regime to assume that it would be fought past as an excuse for one power bloc to attack the other.

I suggest you read the article which sets out the reasons why they have reported that is the reason, you might just learn something

Tamas

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 24, 2024, 01:48:25 PM
Quote from: Tamas on May 24, 2024, 08:55:16 AMMaybe, Legbiter, but I don't think this is something that would be risked if the military organisation being upheaveld is managing a well-going war at the moment.

I suggest you read the article which sets out the reasons why they have reported that is the reason, you might just learn something

I can't until my altar for the article is ready.

Josquius

Regardless of the state of the war in actuality in the long term, which does indeed seem not great for Russia, it can't be denied the current situation is just past the best it has been since the start of the invasion for them.
The timing of all these moves does seem to be to leap on that and hide behind current successes/stop others using them?
██████
██████
██████

Zoupa

Muscovites hit a Ukrainian version of Home Depot today. 6 people confirmed dead, 14 still missing, over 40 wounded.

bUt LEt'S nOt EsCAlaTE!!111!!!!one!!!