News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Playing a fun (if a bit frustrating) game as tribal Poland (earliest start) right now. Managed to conquer enough land to finally reform the Pagan Slavic faith on my third ruler (the Elective Gavelkind is a HUGE pain but I managed). Now granted independence to all non-de jure vassals and planning to turn Poland into a modern Reformed Pagan feudal monarchy.  :cool:

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on March 08, 2016, 03:22:33 AM
Playing a fun (if a bit frustrating) game as tribal Poland (earliest start) right now. Managed to conquer enough land to finally reform the Pagan Slavic faith on my third ruler (the Elective Gavelkind is a HUGE pain but I managed). Now granted independence to all non-de jure vassals and planning to turn Poland into a modern Reformed Pagan feudal monarchy.  :cool:

Hail Perun!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Queequeg

Right because surely Poland needs to be different from Western Europe in more ways.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

garbon

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 07, 2016, 06:43:43 PM
Quote from: Tamas on March 07, 2016, 10:55:51 AM
Quote from: Phillip V on March 07, 2016, 10:54:30 AM
Why do you let your Emperors go to battle?

He can always just reload

If they're not living past 50, than obviously I am not.

I often have my leaders serve in my armies as it feels a bit gamey to just have them stay at home all the time. Particularly right now as I'm doing a Norse playthrough.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: garbon on March 07, 2016, 01:00:13 PM
Alliances don't really make sense. Why should they auto-call for all wars? I don't think I should be forced to go to war with my tributary - particularly when it is my 'ally' who is trying to subjugate them. <_<

Strangely they still remained my tributary, so when they broke free of Denmark, showed up with my country name stretching over their territories. Also, had a strange situation where Mercia was my tributary but also all of its county vassals are also listed as my tributaries. Not sure what that means as when I call them to war, only Mercia as a complete unit is available.

Do like how states now remain tributaries despite changes in head of state. Makes that function so much more useful than previously when it was 'only create tributes if target state has a young ruler or you have a young ruler.'
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

Quote from: Queequeg on March 08, 2016, 12:14:04 PM
Right because surely Poland needs to be different from Western Europe in more ways.

I am planning to bring the light of Perun and Iarilo to Western Europe next.  :showoff:

Incidentally, Iarilo is my favourite Slavic god. Apparently he was the son of Perun, and the god of youth, sex, virility, fertility and spring. In his feast, one of the young adults (either male or female!) was chosen as the personification of Iarilo - who would then led the rest of the congregation on an orgiastic celebration.  :cool:

dps

Quote from: Martinus on March 09, 2016, 01:40:32 AM
In his feast, one of the young adults (either male or female!) was chosen as the personification of Iarilo - who would then led the rest of the congregation on an orgiastic celebration.  :cool:

In the game, if you hold the feast, I think it's always a male.  I haven't seen a female chosen, at least--and I've played Slavic rulers a lot.  And the game doesn't restrict the choice to young attendees, either

Phillip V

Are there interracial character graphics?  My mixing of Ethiopians and Europeans does not result in tan people. :(

jimmy olsen

This Emperor inherited when he was four, since inheriting as minors is what my characters do.

His uncle the Strategos of Tunisia, conquered the African duchy to the east of him and then lead a rebellion for elective inheritance. I won and threw him in the dungeon. I then conquered Tripolitania and usurped the crown of Africa. Released my uncle, crowned him, put him on council. Then conquered Cyernica, gave to my little brother, transferred him to the African kingdom. My uncle is now one of my strongest supporters. Then I liberated Alexandria. As soon as I hit my majority I'm gonna strangle the schism in its cradle.

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Queequeg

Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Queequeg on March 14, 2016, 06:22:28 PM
Spain better be next.

Why? The next three wars against the Abbasids will be for the rest of Egypt. Then the next two will be the rest of Syria.  I'll peck away at my Italian claims as well, but those wars are fucking grueling.

When I lay claim to an Abbasid duchy I can capture a dozen holdings or more in quick succession and drive up the war score. In Italy I only have three or four holdings in one county to capture and since I'm fighting the whole world, the armies I crush give me only like 1% war score. These war inevitably drag on for three years.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Conquered Capua linking Rome to the kingdom of Sicily. Conquered Dalmetia or whatever the Nile delta duchy is called. Realized I needed all of Latinum and Antioch to heal the schism. <_<

EDIT: Nope, there was just a piety requirement that I hadn't met yet.

1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

My Emperor break the Abbasid Caliphate at the age of 8 when he threw back a jihad for Armenia, earning the name "the Hammer".

That nickname has recently been superseded by the name the Saint has he has reunified the Orthodox and Catholic faiths.

1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

Hmm, DD this week was about how they expanded illness system so that you no longer just get sick, you get systems and have a court physician who can try to heal you.

Seems a bit earlier and a bit odd attempt at April Fool's. <_<

But seriously? I don't think a SimHealth component was lacking from CK2.