And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 03, 2014, 10:00:53 PM
Quote from: Valmy on June 01, 2014, 03:03:26 PM
Some people think it only added playable Jews which is silly since that is a tiny part of the mod.  But goes to show how Jews dominate people's thoughts like they dominate the Asian Steppe in my AAR.
Or do they? We haven't gotten an update in a while.

Working on it.  Slow going since my kids love to stay up until 11 and crap,
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on June 04, 2014, 01:59:16 PM
Man - I went to play last night but felt completely lost at what to do.

Any suggestions?  Treat me like a total noob.  How do I play this game?  What are the first few things I should do?

How many expansions do you have?  I would recommend 1066 as the King of France or Holy Roman Emperor and play around a bit.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

garbon

I think Munster (Ireland) in 1066 is pretty good. You are a duchy so enough size to push around other counts on Ireland but don't have any immediate danger of invasion from larger powers.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Jacob

... I just bought this game. I think I might have a chance to play it tomorrow... but I expect to be in WAY over my head :)

Valmy

Quote from: Jacob on June 04, 2014, 03:23:10 PM
... I just bought this game. I think I might have a chance to play it tomorrow... but I expect to be in WAY over my head :)

It actually has a rather low learning curve, especially if you played the first one.

Razgovory

I had very little difficultly picking it up.  And I'm a little on the dim side.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on June 04, 2014, 02:27:55 PM
I think Munster (Ireland) in 1066 is pretty good. You are a duchy so enough size to push around other counts on Ireland but don't have any immediate danger of invasion from larger powers.

Ok that is better.  Ireland is the newbie training ground I had forgotten.  That might offend BB's Orange sensibilities though :P

Maximus

He can likely pick up a heresy, or even appoint an anti-pope and pretend it's his act of supremacy.

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on June 04, 2014, 02:05:52 PM
Quote from: Barrister on June 04, 2014, 01:59:16 PM
Man - I went to play last night but felt completely lost at what to do.

Any suggestions?  Treat me like a total noob.  How do I play this game?  What are the first few things I should do?

How many expansions do you have?  I would recommend 1066 as the King of France or Holy Roman Emperor and play around a bit.

All of them.  :cool:

I usually found starting smaller was somewhat easier.  Kind of want to try the early start date, so maybe I'll try an anglo-saxon kingdom.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

Anglo-Saxons in 867 are not particularly easy.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

The 867 start is a bit rough on Anglo-saxon kingdoms (of course the 1066 start isn't exactly great either!), you have half of Scandiweenia bearing down on you.  same for Scotland and Ireland.  From 867 I would pick French, German or Italy Duchy.  I haven't tried any of the Spanish kingdoms, they might be fun.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Josquius

I loaded up my 1066 pagan start game again. Its interesting to see how the rest of the world has turned into imperial blobs to match me.
██████
██████
██████

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on June 04, 2014, 10:15:57 PM
From 867 I would pick French, German or Italy Duchy.

I had a lot of fun with the Duchy of Provence at that date.

ulmont

Quote from: Razgovory on June 04, 2014, 10:15:57 PM
From 867 I would pick French, German or Italy Duchy.

I love the Count of Nantes in the 867 start.  You have some event troops, so you can take over Brittany if you want, but you also have some ships, so you can go sack Rome or conquer Ireland or similar.  He's independent at the start, so there's no worries about intrigue.  Pretty badass dude in real life as well:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hastein

Razgovory

Barrister would be happy to know that you can essentially become protestant in the game.  Lollardy and Waldensian heresies are essentially proto-protestant (I think the Waldensians are eventually joined the protestant movements.