And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queequeg

Quote from: Caliga on May 17, 2014, 05:49:58 AM
Mediterranean Portraits :bleeding:
Could these get replaced?  They cover a lot of the most interesting countries and cultures. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Caliga

Quote from: garbon on May 17, 2014, 09:10:50 AM
Why would you do that? While you wouldn't have to put up with the Scottish vassals who want the kingdom of Scotland, your English vassals will still want the kingdom of England and you'll suddenly have just built yourself a new rival.

Unless, you are planning on forming an Empire, usually best to just have your one king title and have the other kingdom's duchies drift into yours.
:hmm: So what do you think I should do with the Scottish crown?
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Maximus

Destroy it.

There are some events from having a Jewish adviser. For example i had an event when I had a Jewish spymaster where Jews from all over were sending him information and I got a bunch of tech points.

Also I edited the requirements from Jewish events/decisions to depend on region rather than religion. Doesn't make sense for a Norse kingdom in the med to be unable to interact with the local Jews.

garbon

Quote from: Maximus on May 17, 2014, 11:24:23 AM
Destroy it.

Yep, you'll have to put up with some angry Scottish vassals for a bit but ultimately best way to keep them subdued in the long run.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Queequeg

Jesus, that adventurer system is fucked. 
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

garbon

They are pretty easy to kill off ahead of time / add some dynamism for the AI.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Queequeg

28k troops led by my fuckup brother Mzhezh came in.  I had a wonderful King who had doubled the size of his kingdom, and it was all fucked up because the best I could muster was 18k.  It was absurd. 

garbon

Should have taken him out in that 2 year period proceeding.

Queequeg

Kinslayer trait sucks. 

garbon

It is easy enough to mitigate it* / you don't always get it.

*and certainly so as compared to letting adventurer armies attack. ;)

garbon

Queequeg

Queequeg

Anyone know if I could somehow make those the portraits for Armenians and Georgians as well?

EDIT: Peak Psellus question.

Razgovory

Those actually don't look that bad.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017