News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

He seems to actually have done some work rather than just posting about what he thinks would be cool.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Tamas

Quote from: garbon on May 12, 2014, 08:32:20 AM
More so than your typical ambitious mod?

Every once in a while we could give Tim some breathing room you know. This forum would be a dead carcass of a forum chewed on by Monkeybutt and CdM without him.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Tamas on May 13, 2014, 04:08:37 AM
Quote from: garbon on May 12, 2014, 08:32:20 AM
More so than your typical ambitious mod?

Every once in a while we could give Tim some breathing room you know. This forum would be a dead carcass of a forum chewed on by Monkeybutt and CdM without him.

Nah.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

Quote from: Caliga on May 09, 2014, 11:17:58 AM
My Orthodox Norse King of Mercia is doing pretty well actually.  He defeated Jorvik and put some random lady in place as the independent Countess of Leicestershire.  While he was doing that the Earl of Oxford invaded him in an attempt to reclaim Warwick, and he beat that dude down also.  Also, I got some event that converted Herefordshire to Norse culture and Orthodox religion.  So now Norfolk and Suffolk are Norse pagans, and Herefordshire is Greek Orthodox. :wacko:
Orthodox King of Mercia went out on a hunt, got gored by a deer, got an infection, and then died.  His son took over, who is Norse culturally and is a pagan, but due to mom being a Hungarian, is brown pipple. :)

He invaded Jorvik again as I want to destroy it before the old Queen's son, who happens to be the King of Denmark, inherits it.  I have most of it conquered, and then those Wessexian sons of bitches invade me.  So brown King Floki of Mercia is now fighting a two-front war.  Curse the All-Father!!! :mad:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Norgy

16 000 or so Irish rose up against their rightful ruler, the king of Norway. They were adament they had been wronged somehow by our continued raiding and killing. Halfdan Fairhair then decided to die, and the kingdom went up in flames. His retarded eldest son is now my character. Wars aplenty everywhere, no prestige and even less piety.

Caliga

Quote from: Norgy on May 13, 2014, 01:24:59 PM
16 000 or so Irish rose up against their rightful ruler, the king of Norway. They were adament they had been wronged somehow by our continued raiding and killing. Halfdan Fairhair then decided to die, and the kingdom went up in flames. His retarded eldest son is now my character. Wars aplenty everywhere, no prestige and even less piety.
Dude I cannot STAND those national revolt things.  My problem is not so much the super-sized armies that magically appear out of thin air, but the fact that they seem to persist forever once created.  I had that happen in Ireland and lost my two provinces there, and the Irish revolter then went on to conquer much of Ireland with his ridiculous army, and then meddled in every single war that happened in England till I got so sick of it I edited the .sav file and hacked each regiment down to one guy. :blush:

Norgy

The armies must have some sort of magical abilities, beating my 20k army to a pulp, killing all characters involved and inflicting the first ever defeat on the kingdom of the Fairhairs.

Caliga

Yeah, in my experience they often have really good leadership.... and I'm ok with losing my provinces to them, since that kind of thing can and did happen, but not ok with them being immortal.

garbon

They are the same as any other event troops. You just have to hit them hard with retinues + mercs and once they die, they don't come back.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

HA.  I conquered Jorvik.  I just need a little more bling and I'm King of England as I control 52% of it now.  :cool:

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 13, 2014, 08:10:10 PM
Cheat
The only cheating I do is to occasionally destroy oversized rebel armies.  No Occupy-type hippies in my game. :mad:

garbon

Quote from: Caliga on May 14, 2014, 06:58:48 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on May 13, 2014, 08:10:10 PM
Cheat
The only cheating I do is to occasionally destroy oversized rebel armies.  No Occupy-type hippies in my game. :mad:

So a cheat, Timmay.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

It was a bunch of Irishmen.  P'dox just forgot to code potato famine events into the game.  It's their fault, not mine. :)

garbon

Whatever you need to do to justify it to yourself. :console: