News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

After a lengthy pause in expansion, I Just put a sister on the throne of Bohemia and did a little holy warring in Persia. Georgia is expanding in to Eastern Ukraine.

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

God they had better roll back the update that lists all titles in an alphabetical order when you go to give them to another character. There was no reason to get rid of them sorted by title and recency. <_<
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: garbon on May 03, 2014, 10:03:19 AM
God they had better roll back the update that lists all titles in an alphabetical order when you go to give them to another character. There was no reason to get rid of them sorted by title and recency. <_<
Yeah, it's a pain in the ass.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

In a bid to avoid the Mongols, I'll be spinning off Persia and Tartaria in a bit.

I like how the Shia Caliphate (not pictured with four provinces in Ethiopia) has just declared a Jihad on me. That's going to work out well for them...:lol:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Queequeg

What are those green spots in Anatolia and the Levant? 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

garbon

Remnants of the Abbasid => Abdulid Caliphate. Without being able to usurp titles of other religion monarchs who have territory in the title, it is really tedious to get rid of them. I guess a good thing as it slows AI down from lightning fast conquests.

garbon

Kind of lame. When you do finally usurp their tile, you get stuck with the existing laws. So Byzantine Empire was autonomous vassals (now low) and gavelkind. <_<

Crazy_Ivan80

my current county-in-BYZ-game took a unexpected turn a few sessions ago:

The BYZ and the Abbassids were playing pingpong in upper-Meopotamia. Nothing special there.
things changed though when the Shia had their event-driven revolt and managed to take all of Syria.
A few years later the Shia-caliphate invaded BYZ for Anatalia (ambitious as that's entire 'kingdom' rather than a duchy)
At the same time some Sunni adventurer decided he wanted the crown of the BYZ emperor.
And for once BYZ didn't manage to win those wars. So in the space of a few years they lost anatolia and were then conquered by a Sunnite.
Needless to say that the Orthodox Dukes were swiftly replaced with Sunni versions.
When my turn game I gave him the finger, hired a horde of mercs and called in every Alliance I had: luckily those included a large Aquitaine, a good France and a strong Burgundy. Buying me time to reach a 100% score and sue for peace before the BYZ mega stack arrived.
Interesting game to say the least

jimmy olsen

How is my son both trusting and cynical?  :hmm:

Also, I wish there was confirm/cancel buttons for the decisions. My son borrowed money from Jewish money lenders before I died, and when I became him I meant to pay them back but expelled them from the Empire instead. Whoops.  :Embarrass:

I have fulfilled the dream of Julius Caesar and conquered Persia. The Roman Empire now rules from Ireland to Iran!

1 Karma Chameleon point

ulmont

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 04, 2014, 10:31:17 PM
How is my son both trusting and cynical?  :hmm:

Trusting opposes Paranoid and Cynical opposes Zealous, is how.

garbon

Yeah cynical is about religious skepticism in CK2.

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on May 05, 2014, 08:41:56 AM
Yeah cynical is about religious skepticism in CK2.

Which I think it a bit anachronistic, not unheard of but rare enough it seems weird to have it being a trait.  I tend to think of it more like anti-Clericalism which was actually a thing.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Well they also have homosexual as a trait which everyone knows about. That and lesbian lovers who enter a suicide pact.

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on May 05, 2014, 10:02:26 AM
Well they also have homosexual as a trait which everyone knows about. That and lesbian lovers who enter a suicide pact.

Good point.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

On a different note, has anyone seen that reincarnation trait yet? I wonder how common it is.