News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Did you Start as an Emperor? :huh:
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Caliga

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 19, 2014, 11:59:51 PM
Sons of Abraham has lots of expanded religious elements for Catholics as well. It's quite good. Plus your son can be demon spawn!
That's nice, but I like playing as a Norse pagan so much I don't see myself playing a Catholic any time in the near future. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Syt

Quote from: Caliga on April 20, 2014, 08:41:17 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 19, 2014, 11:59:51 PM
Sons of Abraham has lots of expanded religious elements for Catholics as well. It's quite good. Plus your son can be demon spawn!
That's nice, but I like playing as a Norse pagan

And in the game?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

chipwich

Tim- I'm also playing a BYZ game an dhow did you get Cbs on North Italy? All Fabrication?

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

chipwich

Quote from: Razgovory on April 20, 2014, 03:22:16 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 20, 2014, 12:34:45 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on April 20, 2014, 12:14:03 AM
Did you Start as an Emperor? :huh:
Yes

Pussy. :rolleyes: 

I just saw the Byzantine empire go Norse.

I have no idea how Tim or anyone conquers that much territory so fast (100 years!), even if he got a lucky claim on Kingdom of Italy. The holy wars against the Abbasids are tough because the Tulunids are usually supporting them, and the Vassal levy penalty just adds up.

I also started Old Gods and got this far by 1130

garbon

:hmm:

I'm at 1160 and my Zoroastrian game now has me painting most of Europe (I've started spinning off kingdoms when they are strong enough - i.e. new administration penalty goes away)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

You guys are clearly much better at this game than I am.  I bow before your mad skills.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

Here's my kingdom so far.  I made my own dynasty and started with Alfred the Great's setup (two province count).  The original count Raz was based me (I.E. useless).  The family has done well.

Ed Anger

A chick heir? You are doomed.

Razgovory

My King married late.  There is plenty of time to produce an heir.  Previously I had a queen rule for two decades.  I'm now fighting in Norway, I won't stop till every fucking Norse men is beaten.

Ed Anger

Remember to kill the Danes.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: chipwich on April 20, 2014, 03:17:49 PM
Tim- I'm also playing a BYZ game an dhow did you get Cbs on North Italy? All Fabrication?
Lucky inheritance. At the beginning of the game the Emperor's father was unmarried so I wed him to the daughter of the Italian King. They had a daughter who inherited the throne and died of an illness soon after leaving the throne to me. The crown itself passed out of my hand since it was undergavelkind though and not enough voted for minimum crown laws before I died.

Since then the King of Italy has been my most dangerous and useful vassal, but I've managed to keep him from rebelling so far. They made the early game a lot easier then it normally would have been.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point