News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Anyone know a good way to get people to vote for your nominee in a electoral monarchy? I'm not king of Italy and succession is is elective.  Pretty much everyone loves me, but I can't get enough votes for my son.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Queequeg

Up the Crown Authority and change the law.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

OttoVonBismarck

Quote from: Queequeg on April 15, 2014, 05:11:46 PM
Up the Crown Authority and change the law.

What a non-asnwer  :lol:.

Typically Raz when I've gone EM in the latter part of my reign where long reign penalties and etc have me on good with all my vassals I've never had any problem whatsoever hand picking my successor. I'm not sure the exact mechanics of the AI's selection, but it's always been oddly pretty easy, the only thing I've noticed that can really mess it up is cultural differences. When I've been foolish enough to have large numbers of Dukes not of my culture I've noticed they will almost never vote for my family due to what I assume is the cultural difference.

Razgovory

I had changed my culture to fit with my kingdom.  Sadly my king died and his son didn't get the thrown.  Then he went on a pilgrimage and died.  Not that big a loss, he was a loser.  His daughter though, she's doing pretty well.  Total slut, has hedonism, lust, syphilis and some pleasures of the flesh modifier.  Worked though, she pumped out a bunch of sons.  She Matrilinealy married the king's second son (who is now King himself), and so the dynasty is making a comeback.  I've noticed that female title holders don't seem to care if their married Matrilinealy or not.  My family has lost and gained a lot of titles.  Stupid Karlings still run most of Europe  :mad:
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

jimmy olsen

Quote from: ulmont on April 15, 2014, 12:26:07 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 15, 2014, 08:12:26 AM
This continue to go well. Experience tells me this can't go on forever.  :ph34r:

From where you are, you should beeline to the restored Roman Empire decision.  Gives you duchy-level CBs against all Christian's inside Rome's maximum borders.
I prefer more organic growth. I only wage war for bordering provinces. It'll be a while before I take Alexandria.

I need Venice as well, but that's literally the next thing I'll do. After Venice, I'm going to wage a Holy War for Damascus. Not only is it a powerful and rich Duchy. It's the Abbasid capital. So when I kick the Caliph out he'll have to usurp a barony somewhere earning him some tyranny that will hopefully bite him in the ass later on.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Caliga

Quote from: Caliga on April 15, 2014, 12:25:56 PM
The Sons of Lodbrok wars in the 867 start annoy me playing as Ivar.  For some reason, both times I've started with him I conquer the shit out of Strathclyde and take holdings in Northumbria, but the war ends with Jorvik picking everything up except for counties where I control every single holding, and then I get nothing in Strathclyde, but since that other (East Anglia) war is still going on, I am almost immediately at war with Strathclyde, Scotland, etc. again. :rolleyes:
Ah, I figured out what to do.  Ignore the war in the north and go for East Anglia immediately.  I crushed and annexed them, then dealt with Northumbria.  Jorvik got the southern half of it, and I took the northern (e.g Jarl of Lothian).  Now I'm preparing for a war against Mercia to conquer the rest of the historical Danelaw. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

jimmy olsen

Abbasids are blobbing, I don't think I've seen them have a single civil war. <_<

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Also, is it just me or do the Indian states do not seem to form Empires when they can?

1 Karma Chameleon point

Zanza

Get someone with a claim on the Georgian throne into your court and conquer that. Very easy and as it is a de-jure vassal, you get the whole kingdom as a vassal immediately.

Caliga

Quote from: Caliga on April 16, 2014, 05:16:57 AM
Ah, I figured out what to do.  Ignore the war in the north and go for East Anglia immediately.  I crushed and annexed them, then dealt with Northumbria.  Jorvik got the southern half of it, and I took the northern (e.g Jarl of Lothian).  Now I'm preparing for a war against Mercia to conquer the rest of the historical Danelaw. :)
Continuing my conversation with myself...

I also think it's neat how as a Norse ruler, you can fight a war with a country, sign a peace, and then immediately begin pillaging the territory of the country you're at peace with.  I've been looting the fuck out of Mercia ever since I stopped warring with it. :cool:  Maybe not the best idea since I hope to conquer some of those provinces soon, but funny enough to do anyway.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Razgovory

I did figure out why I wasn't doing well in the Italian elections.  Besides not being corrupt enough, I my Duchy wasn't in the de jure kingdom.  It was in Sicily.

Sheilbh

In Sicily and not corrupt enough :o
Let's bomb Russia!

Razgovory

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 16, 2014, 08:12:59 PM
In Sicily and not corrupt enough :o

Yeah, I'm going to restart that one.  I noticed that the HRE still doesn't form and that Fatamids didn't over run Anatolia.

Valmy

Crusading still seems sort of messed up.  The Pope called it and we all formed up and walked to Jerusalem but everybody went down there piecemeal so the erm...whomever is ruling Egypt just wacked us as we arrived.  Is there anyway to do a bit better short of just having enough troops on your own to take out the local Muslims? 
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.