News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

I don't if they changed it, but once upon a time - vikings would plow over Wessex next if you didn't get aggressive.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Queequeg

Historical Immersion tampers down the early Viking invasion-cb slaughter a bit.  Jorvik and some other settlements are founded, but you don't see Viking kingdoms of Ireland and Scotland established in 5 years like you do in Vanilla. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

PRC

Doomdark's Rajas of India Dev Diary 1: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?753709-Crusader-Kings-II-Rajas-of-India-Dev-Diary-1-Overview&p=16842278#post16842278

Can the game really handle all these new characters and provinces without slowing to a crawl? Yes. Actually, memory usage was the bigger issue, but we've comfortably reduced that by more than 300Mb, which allows us to add all the extra characters. We've also optimized the game for speed, but it might end up running a bit slower than before (though it should only be noticeable on speed 5 unless you have an ancient rig.) I should also mention that due to the drastic changes we are making to the game, old save games will not remain compatible with version 2.1! However, version 2.0.4 will remain available as a beta branch on Steam.

Valmy

THe first AAR about Byzantium recreating the empire of Alexander the Great will be up in less than five minutes after release.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

I do hope they get rid of the ability for holy orders to win crusades. I currently have Hungary ruled by Teutonic Order, Portugal by the Knights Hospitaller, and Andalusia by the Knights of Calatrava. It is 989. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Zanza

Quote from: garbon on February 09, 2014, 12:26:48 PM
I do hope they get rid of the ability for holy orders to win crusades. I currently have Hungary ruled by Teutonic Order, Portugal by the Knights Hospitaller, and Andalusia by the Knights of Calatrava. It is 989. :D
The Teutonic Order did win a crusade during the game period though. Not in 989 of course.

garbon

I think that could be represented well enough using the holy war mechanic.

Queequeg

That's also impossible to model with the way the game currently works.  You'd have a crusade for Lithuania that would only hit Samogotia. 
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

garbon

Nice to see some of the detail they are bringing to the Indian religions. I do echo comments though that untouchables seems like not a particularly useful caste given that the game supposedly focuses on "nobility"

Also, empire map is little strange. Key places that saw several empires (heartland around Delhi) is split between two. Though massive, perhaps India should only have had one northern and one southern.

And Maldives as playable?

garbon

In an odd twist, I saw the Tulunids become miaphysite allowing the Order of St. Anthony to spring back into existence. Bit of a strange* result as it means that Egypt through Somalia is safely Christian.

*well not so much strange as just unusual for CK2. :D

Queequeg

Quote from: garbon on February 13, 2014, 10:23:49 PM
In an odd twist, I saw the Tulunids become miaphysite allowing the Order of St. Anthony to spring back into existence. Bit of a strange* result as it means that Egypt through Somalia is safely Christian.

*well not so much strange as just unusual for CK2. :D
:yeah:

garbon

Needs to be some sort of mechanism to deal with kidnapped, concubined wives. My wife was Queen of Norway and while I was not looking, she got dethroned and made into a concubine. To my dismay, I had no way to recover her via diplomacy or war. :(

garbon

Saxon and Finno-Ugric sprite packs? No thanks. :D

Razgovory

Quote from: garbon on February 13, 2014, 11:30:55 PM
Needs to be some sort of mechanism to deal with kidnapped, concubined wives. My wife was Queen of Norway and while I was not looking, she got dethroned and made into a concubine. To my dismay, I had no way to recover her via diplomacy or war. :(

Yeah, that's annoying.  That's a problem with the whole imprisonment system.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Queequeg