News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queequeg

Is it that surprising?  The Khazar Empire was already in freefall at game start. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Razgovory

I thought the Khazar's lasted a into the 10th century when that one Russian guy destroyed them.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Queequeg

Not really.  The Rus' and Bulgars were fucking stuff up, and the Pechenegs were about ready to come in.  Displacing the Magyars was close to the last thing the Khaganate was able to do. 
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

garbon

Quote from: Queequeg on December 15, 2013, 02:51:10 PM
Not really.  The Rus' and Bulgars were fucking stuff up, and the Pechenegs were about ready to come in.  Displacing the Magyars was close to the last thing the Khaganate was able to do. 

None of which refutes what Raz said. ;)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

I don't remember the Russian guy's name, except that it started with an "S" and then had a "V" and then went downhill from there.  I like to think of him as "Spanky".
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Queequeg

Razgovory

Really, I thought it was something like Sviatapolk.

Razgovory

Wait, I found him http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sviatoslav_I_of_Kiev  Which is like Stanislav except with different letters.

Queequeg

I meant Sviatoslav.  Whoops.  Stansilav sounded a bit Polish in retrospect.

garbon

Last GG patch is now out.

I think I like the restriction on gavelkind for non-reformed pagans. One scenario where I often see reversal in family fortunes.

Formed a Slavic Rus that also had most of Ruthenia (enough to form but plan was just to have duchies drift into Rus). Forgot about how cost rules work with holy orders and ended up bankrupting myself with Warriors of Perun. Upstart members of the family began pressing for the throne and within a few years was reduced to High Chiefdoms of Novgorod (partially split, in a prior foolish decision on my part with an uncle who was now High Chief of Volhynia)and Chernigov. One of the new kings of Rus decided to form Ruthenia and so when I finally wrestled my kingdom back, latter half was under independent Ruthenia. Now got most of the land back and have an outpost in Germany. 

And to think, I had been planning to have my family firmly established in Poland and Bulgaria by now. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grinning_Colossus

I finally managed to stabilize Khazaria. Shiites invaded Georgia and they were a problem for a while, but when they were down I finally took out Cumania and replaced it with a Jewish state run by my brother. Then the Great Seljuk showed up with his stack of 40k troops...
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

garbon

Love the new thread with Europeans stating how Jews have no reason at all to exist in the game.

Razgovory

Quote from: garbon on December 16, 2013, 02:18:37 PM
Love the new thread with Europeans stating how Jews have no reason at all to exist in the game.

Some things never change.

Queequeg

Quote from: garbon on December 16, 2013, 02:18:37 PM
:lmfao:
Link?

Razgovory

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?740750-Somewhat-disappointed-with-the-big-Jewish-decisions-%28Israel-Temple-Kohen-Gadol%29

QuoteThe Jews shouldn't be in the game in the first place, be happy that developers made this happen because of extensive Jewish lobbying from the US and Israel.