News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Then I'm not sure why you're whining about that happening. :P
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Something most have happened with the graphic packs (e.g. celtic). Doomdark confirmed they aren't coming out till June (He said the 1st but that's a Saturday...)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

Quote- You now need more than 50% of the de jure counties to usurp or create a title
- Prisoners who are close relatives to the main participants are now automatically released after a war
These two are interesting. First one means that in order to usurp two-country duchies (like Alsace) you effecively need to control them all. :D

garbon

I think that's definitely positive. Stops what happens now where duchies keep flipping back and forth after cool down period because each side has 50%.

Jaron

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 27, 2013, 09:19:14 AM
Quote from: Jaron on May 26, 2013, 12:59:07 PM
Quote from: Tamas on May 26, 2013, 09:01:22 AM
Name him Despot

That's a horrible name for a child.
Pretty sure only my husband can do that, and only if he's in his court, which he isn't, he's in mine.

Tell me more about your husband.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

garbon

Quote from: Jaron on May 27, 2013, 02:20:16 PM
Name him Despot

Pretty sure only my husband can do that, and only if he's in his court, which he isn't, he's in mine.

Tell me more about your husband.

I believe Tim said his name was Marcian (proper Byzantine name, no?) and he's fabulous.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: garbon on May 27, 2013, 09:23:08 AM
Then I'm not sure why you're whining about that happening. :P
Because my heir will inherit Sicily and Serbia, but he won't inherit the Imperial throne.

^^^Kosmas the Great or something like that.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Richard Hakluyt

Name him Despot

A disturbing comment Tim...........until I realised that I was in a CK thread  :lol:

Martinus

OMG this is released yet? I thought this was still away.

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on May 28, 2013, 10:22:08 AM
OMG this is released yet? I thought this was still away.

It had already been released on steam when I left my house about an hour and a half ago.

Valmy

What is the actual starting date again?  Depending on when in 867 we are starting I will either be Basil the Macedonian or Michael the Drunkard.  Being Michael would mean a really short game  :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Jan 1 and I believe they said Basil's coronation was brought forward to that date. Sort of like how they have the completely broken apart Abbassids at start.

Tamas

Bitchslapping Great Moravia around is everything I hoped it would be  :D

But otherwise it is quite evident that the system is having a hard time simulating nomad tribes just packing the fuck up and moving themselves to a different country.

Maybe there is an event for this later but the way it works is that I invaded the Bulgarian part of Hungary (game starts with that war), and so I had the old homeland in Ukrain AND Bulgarian Hungary.

When I saw a bunch of assholes starting an independence faction in the Ukraian parts I just released them out of RPing

Caliga

Broken on release?  A Paradox product?  Nah, couldn't be. :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Tamas

I mean, there is no mechanic there in the first place. The Hungarian situation was kind of unique, wasn't it? We were just about the last European nation to do that kind of migration.