News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Damn, I thought this was suppose to be released this week. :(
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

jimmy olsen

GOT mod is working on Essos! :w00t:

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Josquius

Nice.
Hope they can handle the Dothraki well- Mongols which accept payment to go away
██████
██████
██████

Viking

Quote from: Tyr on May 15, 2013, 06:42:48 AM
Nice.
Hope they can handle the Dothraki well- Mongols which accept payment to go away

they might want to use the raiding mechanism from the latest expansion
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

OttoVonBismarck

I've had a long game going for awhile now where I start at the Alexiad and try to restore the Roman Empire. Right now my character is a 72 year old emperor (second person in the dynasty to be the Emperor of a Restored Roman Empire) and the succession is buggy. Anything involving Byzantine succession has always seemed prone to problems ever since the DLC and introduction of "Born in the Purple." So right now my 72 year old Emperor recently had his ~48 year old son die, that 48 year old son had a 30 year old son who inherited all of his titles and he becomes my heir. That's exactly what I'd expect from Agnatic-Cognatic Primogeniture...but then like 2 days later in game, my second son is now the heir. Unfortunate because he's a nothing baron I sent to some provincial court ages ago to avoid trouble and my now disinherited grandson has been given a large section of the Empire to run. (I usually try to keep my heirs minimally landed to avoid just this, but for some reason I said screw it in part because my ruler was living so long.) I really have no explanation for it, I don't think it should be a "Born in the Purple" thing because no one in my game has been born with that trait since I restored Rome, and neither my current ruler or any of his sons have the trait...but I'm suspicious that maybe somehow it's still in play.

Tamas

did your first son  born while the character was not yet emperor?

OttoVonBismarck

Both my first and second son were born prior to my character being Emperor (and neither had the Born in the Purple trait, which I thought was unique to Byzantium and went away when you convert to Rome, but that actually isn't the case as I later learned.) So even based on the BitP rules, the elder son should have been primary successor under Agnatic-Cognatic Primo. Neither son had anything weird like an Excommunication going on, which I know can mess up some types of succession.

So anyway, I decide to use some creative game mechanics to disinherit my second son. You can't normally disinherit your heir by making them a Bishop, but there is a workaround. So first I make him a Count in some Syrian province I had just captured. Then I make him Bishop of the local church, then I revoke the county. When the simpering coward meekly surrenders his county, he retains his bishopric and is converted into a bishop and immediately knocked out of the line of succession. This puts my eldest son's son (current King of Italy and Egypt) back as my primary heir.

So about two years later (this current Emperor is now 74 and at a point where I just need him to die so I can get my succession taken care of) my eldest daughter's eldest son has a son (so my great-grandson through my eldest daughter) and he instantly becomes my heir against all rules of primogeniture I can fathom. Now, he is of my dynasty since my daughter married matrilineally, but this shows me something is really buggy.

On one hand, we have a grandson, son of my first son who should be heir. At one point he was, but he lost it to his uncle. I remove the uncle from the succession only to have my daughter's 0 year old grandson immediately become my heir on birth (and he's the son of a random Baron in Abkhazia or some no name place so he'll inherit with basically no prestige and a long regency.) What's really weird is my daughter's still living son isn't heir, so despite being ahead in the succession order to his own son, his son will inherit the Empire over him and that whole line is derived from a female member of my dynasty in the first place so they should be last in precedence to children from my sons.

garbon

And you've played this all under the same patch?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

So I'm still skeptical of this new tech system with points. I wonder how often one gains points / how often one will then be required to go to the tech screen to spend them.

Also have they said anything, anywhere about maritime republics? They still have a tendency to expand pretty crazy like even under latest patches.

Tamas

Quote from: garbon on May 22, 2013, 09:08:20 AM
So I'm still skeptical of this new tech system with points. I wonder how often one gains points / how often one will then be required to go to the tech screen to spend them.

Also have they said anything, anywhere about maritime republics? They still have a tendency to expand pretty crazy like even under latest patches.

make the religious conquest cb unavailable for them - solved

OttoVonBismarck

Quote from: garbon on May 22, 2013, 09:06:31 AM

Who pays that kind of attention?  :lol: I just know it was without mods.

garbon

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on May 22, 2013, 12:45:36 PM
Quote from: garbon on May 22, 2013, 09:06:31 AM

Who pays that kind of attention?  :lol: I just know it was without mods.

The reason I ask is because you said this was a long running game.  If multiple patches have come out during that time, then I wouldn't be surprised if there were oddities happening in your game.

OttoVonBismarck

That could definitely be it. I don't play CK2 in a very structured fashion. I have probably 7 games I have running right now, any individual game may not be touched for months and I won't play CK2 itself for a few months at a time here and there too, so it's all pretty haphazard and I'm sure I have patched since I started this one.

Tamas

Quote from: some dude in the P'dox beta AAR thread
About the viking trait:

viking = +0.3 prestige, +1 Martial
Augustus = +0.5 prestige

So. Being a leader of some band in the middle of nowhere gives you more than half prestige which is monthly obtained by a ruler of the restored Roman fraking Empire?

Altough I guess I shouldn't be surprised. How could POSSIBLY a Roman Emperor rise to a world standing comparable to Henrik Bumfucküston, Count of Svesligismiddleofnowhereis?