News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Having finished reading it - I'm curious as to why they had this interview. Sounds a lot like "work is in progress and we're still figuring shit out". :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

I have a question:  Can you turn off the dynamic Kingdoms things?  Where Kingdom borders change over time?  While a good idea in theory, in practice it kinda sucks.  When forming the Kingdom of Italy, half the provinces where in Northern Germany.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

I don't know about off, off, but if you can go into defines.lua and look for the following:

DE_JURE_ASSIMILATION_YEARS = 100,      -- Duchies and kingdoms under the de facto control of another kingdom or empire will change de jure liege after this many years

If you push that value to something like 400, you can prevent it from ever happening during your game.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

I like how the Godwin princes in the 1081 start are mostly 'unknown location'.  :)
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on February 05, 2013, 02:45:24 PM
PC Gamer interview on Old Gods

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/02/05/crusader-kings-ii-the-old-gods-everything-we-know-so-far/

Interesting tidbits, but it is a pain to read. Someone should have edited that. He uses "so" so much it is painful.

Martinus

Incidently, it would be cool if there was some sort of dynamic country name for countries created by pagan tribes.

For example, Poland is called that because the tribe that unified it was called "Polans" but there were also other tribes in the region (Polans controlled "Greater Poland", but there were Vistulians in "Lesser Poland" etc.)

Viking

that 120k large ilkhanate stack that hunts my crusaders but leaves everybody else alone... is that retinue? it sort of has to be since it has 60k horse archers. How does that stack avoid attritting into nothing?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

garbon

Quote from: Viking on February 06, 2013, 11:16:18 AM
that 120k large ilkhanate stack that hunts my crusaders but leaves everybody else alone... is that retinue? it sort of has to be since it has 60k horse archers. How does that stack avoid attritting into nothing?

Both mongol horders start off with those doomstacks that don't suffer attrition. Only good news is that once they are dead, they don't get anymore like that.

garbon

Incidentally that's why there are hopes that in implementing the Hungarians, p'dox will implement some actual horde mechanism.

Tamas

Quote from: garbon on February 06, 2013, 11:24:12 AM
Incidentally that's why there are hopes that in implementing the Hungarians, p'dox will implement some actual horde mechanism.

I have my doubts.

From the interview it seems clear to me that all they had their eyes on are their own Viking ancestors. Everything else has been an aftertought until now.

Valmy

Quote from: Tamas on February 06, 2013, 11:37:22 AM
From the interview it seems clear to me that all they had their eyes on are their own Viking ancestors. Everything else has been an aftertought until now.

Well duh.  I wish they had just stuck with the 1066 campaign.  There were still a few old school Vikings around at that date.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on February 06, 2013, 11:37:22 AM
Quote from: garbon on February 06, 2013, 11:24:12 AM

I have my doubts.

Well they said they want to address it. Also as I said the interview largely sounds like they haven't done much but yeah some stuff for the Vikings.

Viking

Quote from: garbon on February 06, 2013, 11:23:23 AM
Quote from: Viking on February 06, 2013, 11:16:18 AM

Both mongol horders start off with those doomstacks that don't suffer attrition. Only good news is that once they are dead, they don't get anymore like that.

ok, lemme clarify, does the doomstack refresh? I managed to bash it down to 30k, but in the process reduced my "staffing level" to below 5k and couldn't leave it there because I had factions, so I had to offer a white peace.

Does it refresh. Will the full size doomstack returns for my next crusade? I basically blew 5000 ducats on orders and mercs and three full national levies of 60k to take it down by 90k. And I only managed that with a full papal crusade backing me up.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

garbon

No, as far as I know it doesn't reinforce either. So basically you just have to keep chipping away at it.

Viking

Quote from: garbon on February 06, 2013, 12:34:28 PM
No, as far as I know it doesn't reinforce either. So basically you just have to keep chipping away at it.

OK, That means I did kill the ilkhanate, only with none of the benefits accruing to me, despite me having done all the hard work.