And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: Maximus on January 29, 2013, 06:36:49 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on January 29, 2013, 02:00:21 PM
I'm not getting why everyone is on him about identifying with the Magyars.  I thought that was accepted term for the Ugric speaking peoples who raided Europe in the dark age before settling in what is now Hungary.
I can't speak for anyone else, but I don't care who he or anyone else identifies with. I was just saying using "we" to refer to a group you weren't a part of is incorrect.

I identify with Americans despite not actually being an American until 1981.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Jaron

If the Aztecs had really invaded Europe, we would have destroyed France and England! :menace:
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Viking

It's getting sillier. Yes, this is much like The Anarchy.

I lost the regular as clockwork war led by York to replace me with my uncle. This is especially annoying since at the time of the revolt I was at 90% warscore to place my mother on the throne of france. I was naturally her heir.

It seems that Yorks revolt was supported by all my vassals who were not imprisoned or upstarts like the duke of Dyfed who only had his title because royal forces carved it out of the welsh hills for him or excommunicates like the duke of Cornwall who I repeatedly had un-ex-communicated. Naturally the war in france failed and since I the present generation hadn't revolted yet so they had recently inherited from their at the time imprisoned fathers. Nothing I could do.

What was my plan? Yes, immediately start a plot to put me on the throne. This plot I abandoned quickly since the duke of norfolk started a plot to put my son on the throne, yay I thought, I ditched my own plot and joined his. We gained multiple allies and revolted Sommerset, Cornwall, Norfolk, Normandy/Bedford (me) and Gloucster revolted. Then Lancaster started his own plot to, of all things, put me on the throne and he was joined by hereford and northumbria. So York, Dyfyd and Oxford are loyal and competing factions are trying to place me and my son respectively on the throne. Annoyingly the Uncular (the ones supporting my uncle) are holding fast mainly because Lancaster is using his forces to besiege Royal Castles presentlly occupied by Norfolk and Norfolk is besieging york while I'm in oxford. The royal army is gone thanks to a very large gift from venice which funded a rather large force of mercenaries which showed up auspiciously. I had the good sense to call out the royal fleet before the first revolt and not stand it down.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Martinus

This actually sounds a lot like the historical stuff going on in England in the twelfth century. :P

Martinus

Anyway, for the life of me, I don't understand how people are unable to deal with factions. There are countless methods to discourage your powerful vassals from joining them: bribery, guardianship of your secondary offspring, sending chancellors to improve relations and spymasters to discourage them from joining factions (for example, if a certain vassal of yours is powerful and constantly joining factions against you, your spymaster should pretty much be in his capital all the time), making sure they do not hate you by holding vassals from their de jure duchies etc.

Also, it beats me why you are not reshuffling their titles after every rebellion. Whenever they rebel, you can take away one of their titles for free - just take their ducal title and give it to another earl of the same duchy - the old guy is now someone else's vassal so you couldn't care less for his relationship with you, and the new guy loves you.

Not to mention, if someone ends up being imprisoned by me during a rebellion, then mercy or not, that motherfucker will never see the light of day again. I won't execute him but he will die in the oubliette (unless I really need cash from ransom).

Josquius

As I've said before the big game ruining thing for me is when a rebellion does happen and the rebels, no matter how insignificant, get a hundreds of thousands of men doom stack from an event.
I'm curious about the republic thing. Doesn't sound particularly worthwhile but have heard that its alright...
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

Quote from: Razgovory on January 29, 2013, 11:40:18 PM
I'm not getting why everyone is on him about identifying with the Magyars.  I thought that was accepted term for the Ugric speaking peoples who raided Europe in the dark age before settling in what is now Hungary.
I can't speak for anyone else, but I don't care who he or anyone else identifies with. I was just saying using "we" to refer to a group you weren't a part of is incorrect.

I am sorry Raz but judging by the posts here, you are actually not able to identify with pre-1981 Americans.

Jaron

Quote from: Tamas on January 30, 2013, 02:47:22 AM

I am sorry Raz but judging by the posts here, you are actually not able to identify with pre-1981 Americans.

That was uncalled for! :angry:
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Tamas

In fact, considering the insanely wide gene pool present Americans come from, I fail to see how you could say "we, Americans". "we various genetic descendants  of a wide range of refugees, settlers, and adventurers happening to be living next to each other due to geopolitical realities of the time" seems more prudent.

Tamas

Quote from: Jaron on January 30, 2013, 02:49:18 AM
Quote from: Tamas on January 30, 2013, 02:47:22 AM

That was uncalled for! :angry:

oh boy these guys could have a field day with YOU, senior!

Queequeg

Quote from: Tamas on January 30, 2013, 02:50:03 AM
In fact, considering the insanely wide gene pool present Americans come from, I fail to see how you could say "we, Americans". "we various genetic descendants  of a wide range of refugees, settlers, and adventurers happening to be living next to each other due to geopolitical realities of the time" seems more prudent.
As an ex-Mormon of old converts and previous Yankee ancestry I don't fall in that category. Most of my family can be traced back to New England and from there to England. Some Squarehead on my mom's side, likely some Scott or native on my dad's.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Tamas

Quote from: Queequeg on January 30, 2013, 03:35:27 AM
Quote from: Tamas on January 30, 2013, 02:50:03 AM
As an ex-Mormon of old converts and previous Yankee ancestry I don't fall in that category. Most of my family can be traced back to New England and from there to England. Some Squarehead on my mom's side, likely some Scott or native on my dad's.

And yet with not two ancestors certainly being of the same nationality you think it is ME who should be called out for considering myself Hungarian? WTF man?!

Phillip V

Maladict

Tamas

I wonder if there is a reason for leaving the guy's face last. Maybe he is a lizardman.