News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

I'm having constant CTDs on my Mac version so I guess I will wait for a patch. :(

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on January 16, 2013, 03:03:42 AM
QuoteOk so I was playing a republic obviously. Things where going well, I had quite a few trade posts. Most of my trade post where in the HRE but I didnt really think anything of it. Then suddenly HRE declares an Embarko war on me. I tried to fight but it is not like I could do anything against the HRE... Eventualy, and unavoidably I got crushed by a few 20k armies. Within a year I surrendered.
But then I noticed ALL my trade posts in the HRE where gone... That was like 95% of them. So all my money gone, all my income gone, and basically reset to nothing.
I can't belevie that happened... I lukily lost the war pretty quickly and could reload an earlier autosave then. Now I'm trying to reload everytime they declare war, trying to improve their opinion of me to stop it from happening, I don't know if it'll work yet.
Anyway this is just BROKEN and needs to be reworked... And what is I wasn't the dodge, then I wouldn't even have been able to imporve his opinion? Anyway I don't see the point in continuing that save and I'm not that entusiastic about starting over as a republic if that can happen...

So PLEASE fix this in a patch SOOON!

:lmfao:

Yeah that one was dumb.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

Quote from: Martinus on January 16, 2013, 03:20:27 AM
I'm having constant CTDs on my Mac version so I guess I will wait for a patch. :(

well you just HAD to gay it up and buy a Mac didn't you? :P

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Tamas

Quote from: Sheilbh on January 16, 2013, 08:29:30 AM
Where are the map modes?

little plus sign next to minimap
you can drag and drop about 4 of them beside the minimap as a sort of quickbar

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on January 16, 2013, 08:55:57 AM
Quote from: Sheilbh on January 16, 2013, 08:29:30 AM
Where are the map modes?

little plus sign next to minimap
you can drag and drop about 4 of them beside the minimap as a sort of quickbar

Seems like they should have mentioned something about that / had defaults put in. Thought interface was broken at first. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Faeelin

Quote from: garbon on January 16, 2013, 03:27:01 AM

Yeah that one was dumb.

Well, before I call it dumb, are they gonna make CK+ compatible with the Republic DLC?

garbon

Maybe. Wiz says that he'll just be doing bugfixes from here on out.

Martinus

Judging from the bug forum, this DLC seems to be buggy like hell.

Essentially, the Mac version is unplayable.

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on January 16, 2013, 12:30:49 PM
Judging from the bug forum, this DLC seems to be buggy like hell.

Did I hear an echo? :P

That said - another time where it stretches credibility that p'dox tested out these new features.

Tamas

Any showstoppers I should know about? Because I see bugs like "I have Munster with a female ruler and I can't convert it to a Republic", and its fucking annoying to wade through all that nerdrage bullshit.

garbon

Top of mind for me (though not game breaking) are all the weirdness of females impregnating each other events, fathers going after daughters, too many patrician families in one republic causing ui to break, and reports of getting booted for being republic when becoming doge.

Additionally I wonder if they have at all tried to balance patrician factions. Looks like people are finding it super easy to dominate with all the funds rolling in.

Tamas

Oh yeah they need balancing for sure. I already made it necessary for the conquer-a-coastal-city CB to have a trade post present by the dower.
I will also remove their ability to wage holy wars for my next game.

But also these initial days are total shit in terms of bug reports. A lot of people are continuing games started pre-patch and now cry when it's fucked up. Plus there are gazillion mods. So I will for that to settle before I start worrying about bugs

Cecil

Well apparently the new faces DLC went over about as well as a piece of broken glass in the urinary tract.  :D

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on January 16, 2013, 03:51:54 PM
Oh yeah they need balancing for sure. I already made it necessary for the conquer-a-coastal-city CB to have a trade post present by the dower.
I will also remove their ability to wage holy wars for my next game.

But also these initial days are total shit in terms of bug reports. A lot of people are continuing games started pre-patch and now cry when it's fucked up. Plus there are gazillion mods. So I will for that to settle before I start worrying about bugs

I'm trying to figure out what mod I might use in the absence of CK2+.