News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Still don't understand how tech works.  I went on a Crusade but couldn't take Jersualem because the ruler rebelled against the Sultan.  So we just sat around outside twiddling our thumbs. <_<
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on January 06, 2013, 01:48:05 AM
How do they implement things like magic or monsters?

Pretty sure you can use events for that stuff.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Queequeg

Playing a pretty great game as the Komnenoi.

It's 1220 and the Byzantine Empire has been decentralized to various despotates, including Sicily, Syria, Wallachia, Hungary, Serbia, Croatia and Armenia.  Armenia and Sicily are the strongest.  Wallachia, Syria and Sicily are ruled by cadet Komnenoi branches, while Hungary, Croatia and Armenia are ruled by native dynasties.  I have very close family ties with the Arpads, but they were sadly dispossessed after a civil war. 

I'm probably about as powerful as the Ottomans were around the time of Selim the Grim.  I'm trying to think of a clever way to get a CB on the Kingdom of Jerusalem, but I might just start fabricating titles.  My current ruler is a half-Armenian quick, attractive lesbian named Eusebia who is married to the Alan kind of Georgia and Alania and is carrying on an affair with a Dutch attractive genius.  I think I might be in love.

Right now, I'm getting so powerful that it might start get kind of boring.  I might continue it as the Sicilian branch of the family as they spread across Africa.  My son, Dorotheos, is going to be competent, but I might make his son an idiot or something, or give him some bad traits in the save file.  I'm really curious to see what the despotates would look like independent, or how my Byzantine core would fare. 

CK2+ adds a lot.  The map looks waaaay better.  It's just a fucking fantastic mod. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Martinus

Quote from: Razgovory on January 07, 2013, 12:38:54 PM
Quote from: Martinus on January 07, 2013, 04:07:32 AM

What magic and monsters?  :huh:

Stop being stupid.

What? Game of Thrones is a very low magic world - the "magic and monsters" happen at the periphery. The mods simulate Robert's Rebellion and the War of Five Kings - none of which involves any magic or monsters, you idiot.

Razgovory

My current game I started out as Toulouse and ended up as King of Aragon ( The Catalans weren't a match for the Muslims, so somebody had to take them on, and in the end I ruled more of Aragon then the King did so, I decided I should be king).  The Fatamids crushed Greece and Hungary.  The Pope called for a Crusade on both.  France took Hungary and Raz II conquered Greece (very cheaply because those Holy Order soldiers are really effective).  Raz the II is married to the Queen of Castile, Leon and Galicia.  When he and she both die, the heir will have most of Spain along with the Latin Empire and Kingdom of Greece.  Now if I can only convince my grand kids to stop fucking each other.  Seriously, my heirs two sons are married to their second cousins.  I'm trying to assassinate them right now.  The wives, not the sons.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on January 08, 2013, 03:53:24 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on January 07, 2013, 12:38:54 PM
Quote from: Martinus on January 07, 2013, 04:07:32 AM

What magic and monsters?  :huh:

Stop being stupid.

What? Game of Thrones is a very low magic world - the "magic and monsters" happen at the periphery. The mods simulate Robert's Rebellion and the War of Five Kings - none of which involves any magic or monsters, you idiot.

I seem to recall a magical assassination and the important use of a magical wild-fire in the second novel.

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on January 08, 2013, 04:03:17 AM
I seem to recall a magical assassination and the important use of a magical wild-fire in the second novel.

Yeah and again the obvious answer is the event engine.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Maximus

Quote from: Martinus on January 08, 2013, 03:53:24 AM
The mod also simulates the seven kingdoms before the conquest, the conquest, and the Blackfyre rebellion. So yea there are dragons. They are handled through events, ambitions and the like, and character traits.

iirc the dragon rider trait gives +15 to martial skill, and if the character is in charge of a siege an event can fire that gives the option to roast the castle and everyone in it.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Martinus

Razgovory

Anyway, Marty being dumb and wrong aside, does it have the Eastern Continent in it?

Queequeg

Think they were waiting for the Republican mod.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

garbon

1.09 patch highlights seem interesting.

Ultimogeniture Succession: the youngest child inherits

Tanistry: A version of Feudal Elective where the electors must pick a member of your dynasty, but will tend to pick distant relatives, preferably old claimants

Grant Independence Diplomatic option

Automatic cultural renaming of titles in your realm. So you'll automatically see Smyrna turn into Izmir if held by Turks, etc.

Added 1241 Bookmark - "The Mongols"

The Reign length opinion modifers are now dependent on how long a character has been the liege of someone, not how long the primary title has been held

All merc regiments now grow in max size over time

Added more mercenary bands: Finns, Lapps, Abyssinians, Nubians, Lithuanians, Scots, Irish and Alans

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

QuoteUltimogeniture Succession: the youngest child inherits

Tanistry: A version of Feudal Elective where the electors must pick a member of your dynasty, but will tend to pick distant relatives, preferably old claimants

Grant Independence Diplomatic option

what kind of historical sense do these make?

garbon

Quick search see tanistry as used in Ireland. Forum discussion is about Ultimogeniture as for mongols.  Grant Independence has been available in CK2+ for a while. I like that one for one when you randomly inherit a count in a place far away who is pissed at you and triggers civil wars.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.