News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

The Mongols are really overrated.  The Golden Horde converted to Orthodox, married into my family and now are my allies!  I'm trying to figure out a way to bump off my first son.  I was stupid enough to give my heir a province and already had a betrothal set up for him.  Dumb fuck broke the betrothal and married a commoner.  When my King died (after only two years!), I'm playing this lack wit son.  At least I arranged to kill the commoner wife and married him to the Queen of the Jerusalem (who he was suppose to marry to begin with).  Unfortunately he begot a son to dumb commoner who is my heir at least two the Empire of Russia.  I need to kill him off so his half brother (who is heir to the Kingdom of Jerusalem) will inheirate both titles.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Martinus

I started a new game as the Duke of Tolouse, with an aim of recreating the Visigothic Kingdom of Aquitaine. Already the dumb French King pressed my vassal's claims to Forez and Vienne so I created Duchy of Dauphine and I'm married to Agnes of Aquitaine, Poitou, Auvergne, Burbon and Gascogne (she managed to conquer her two other sisters' lands), making us the France's greatest power couple. It's going to be fun when our five sons inherit (both have Gavelkind).

If I were the French King, I'd shit my pants.

Martinus

Incidentally, I'm grooming my third son to be the heir apparent so he is the only one that was allowed to marry (to a Devious, Ambitious, Envious Portuguese girl with 20 Intrigue) and I made him my Spymaster. I hope he gets the hint. :P

Razgovory

I plan on playing Toulouse as my next game.  I mean, they were the Crusaders Par Excellence.  Going off to Crusade and eventually getting Crusaded.  I have run into a bug.  The whole Duchy of Luxembourge is blacked out as it has no character.  No idea how to fix it.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Martinus

So my planning got totally screwed up. Eventually the second, dwarf son inherited all. When he was about to declare independence, the French King decided to make him the Court Dwarf (yes, not a jester). This made kicking his ass so much sweeter.

The heir to the crown of Aquitaine is a hunchback so there is an improvement. :P

Razgovory

I wouldn't think a game about breeding would be much interest to you.

Ed Anger

I think I hit my faction civil war limit. In 1250, the armies raised by both sides are over 100k and I just can't take a new war with each new emperor. It bores me to tears.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

Yeah, there needs to be a way to tone down factions, like via a slider or something.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Tamas

You guys suck. Factions seem to have made the game easier for me.

PREVENTATIVE MAINTENANCE, people.

Ed Anger

Caliga

Quote from: Tamas on December 18, 2012, 09:17:25 AM

I'd be killing plotters left and right, but it's right after the Norman Conquest and me = po'. :(

Not sure why it's so expensive to order someone killed in CK2... how much does a dagger cost anyway? :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Razgovory

Quote from: Caliga on December 18, 2012, 05:56:44 PM
Quote from: Tamas on December 18, 2012, 09:17:25 AM

I'd be killing plotters left and right, but it's right after the Norman Conquest and me = po'. :(

Not sure why it's so expensive to order someone killed in CK2... how much does a dagger cost anyway? :hmm:

About as much as founding a whole goddamn town apparently.  I haven't had much of a problem with factions.  Even with a crazy evil Emperor known as "the Wicked".  I do have to keep telling people to stop plotting against one another.  Every year I have to send out letter to tell my vassals to not usurp or kill one another.  It only has a moderate effect since they keep waging wars on one another.

Ed Anger

I get tired of telling people to end plot. What boring little busywork.

Razgovory

Yeah, I wish they wouldn't plot just for he sheer joy of plotting.  I used to imprison them, but ended up with all my vassals in Jail.  They don't seem to mind if I keep everyone in the dungeon, but if I start beheading useless couriers then everyone gets all mad.  I kinda wish that Higher authority would allow you to be tyrannical.  I mean, if I'm going to take a hit for having too much authority over my guys I should at least get to execute them every once in a while.

Josquius

I stopped playing. The 100,000 men rebel armies that had no right to exist grew too irritating.
██████
██████
██████