News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Tyr on June 26, 2012, 10:40:37 AM
Expanding the map to Africa seems really weird and has potential to make the game very silly with crusaders rampaging down the west sahara.
It should be being expanded eastwards instead.

You could apply your same statement to expanding east...and in fact going east would be harder as east of Russia would need nomads implemented and east of Iran into India would need a lot of new gameplay mechanics.  I think West Africa is probably the only place they could have easily expanded to without the need of an entire DLC.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

In Russia- meh. We don't really need that.
But around Arabia (OK, more south than east) and into Persia would really help flesh out the muslims.
Hell, even hinting on India with yeah, some new mechanics ideally but even just making them a sort of generic super strong pagan would work, to represent the muslim push eastwards drawing away attention from the west, would be good too.

It wouldn't develop into sillyness of crusaders ranging eastwards until somebody has firmly won the game, due to the muslim hordes being in the way of christondom and the east.
With Africa though....just 2 or 3 provinces deep you have the coast of Nigeria....
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

How does Muslim king titles work? Why can't I create/usurp the kingdom of galicia as a musselman?

Otherwise the expansion is interesting, definetly a different feel of the same game. I can't be arsed to care for the marriages of my daughters, yet, not even by making sure they marry some far-off powerless baron like with the christians. This is also due to the weak claim mechanism - less risk of the grandson coming back knocking on the door for his claim.

My own marriages are even less meaningful for me right now. I look for a good administrative woman as primary wife of course, then fill up the slots with whomever, basically.

But boy, combine a lustful ruler with 3 wives and you get a LOT of children :D

As for general 1.06 stuff, looks like you must mind stuff like leader and terrain in combat now, not just numbers. Funnily enough, there is already a thread on Paradox whining that a guy lost a battle where he had more troops. Before this patch, we had a gazillion threads crying that only numbers matter.

Pagans are more agressive I think. I tried a game with that Muslim dukedom on the western shore of the Caspian Sea and while I held off Byzantium and a splinter Seljuk duke, the Cumans kicked my ass repeatedly, one province at a time.

Tamas

Also there is already a QQ thread about Byzantium being weaker in 1.06 and how that sucks.

God damn nerds are whiny.

garbon

QuotePersonally I always extract every patch first to an empty folder, sort everything by date, delete all the files whos last update dates are prior to the last patch (because they have nothing new), then I pour every single game file, one by one, until I'm satisfied I've seen all the differences. And I compare new and old as much as is necessary to make sure Ive missed nothing. Takes about 5 hours to do a thorough job.

So, yes, I certainly value and appreciate OCD patch notes. But I'm used to the fact when you want something done right, you have to do it yourself
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

:bleeding:

in that thread, there is a guy (regular poster) saying "of course we cut corner whenever we can, especially in documentation. and we just pretend to give a fuck anyway"

He has a greek flag for avatar  :lol:

garbon

Actually what I completely forgot about p'dox is the amount of people who say they buy everything that p'dox makes even when they aren't interested in it. "I doubt I'll play in Africa but I bought all the DLCs for completeness! I love p'dox and will buy everything they make!"

Faeelin

Quote from: Tyr on June 26, 2012, 07:11:29 PM
It wouldn't develop into sillyness of crusaders ranging eastwards until somebody has firmly won the game, due to the muslim hordes being in the way of christondom and the east.
With Africa though....just 2 or 3 provinces deep you have the coast of Nigeria....

I don't know, man. African gold did play a major role in the Almovarid and Almohad empires, who are actually a big part of the game. India? Eh...

Also, I want a time machine so I can punch every Byzantine emperor in the face and give the Turks Ak-47s.

"The Byzantine empire was the greatest society ever and their habit of being everyone's punching bag is a fluke!"

szmik

Quote from: garbon on June 27, 2012, 07:23:46 AM
QuotePersonally I always extract every patch first to an empty folder, sort everything by date, delete all the files whos last update dates are prior to the last patch (because they have nothing new), then I pour every single game file, one by one, until I'm satisfied I've seen all the differences. And I compare new and old as much as is necessary to make sure Ive missed nothing. Takes about 5 hours to do a thorough job.

So, yes, I certainly value and appreciate OCD patch notes. But I'm used to the fact when you want something done right, you have to do it yourself

I wish I had enough time for such  :hmm:
Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

Faeelin

Oh good lord. "I used to be able to exploit mechanics to become a Muslim, but now the game ends. And so if my Muslim liege demands I convert, I either have to end the game or lose to him in a war :(."

Wipe them out. All of them.

garbon

Quote from: szmik on June 27, 2012, 07:57:40 AM
Quote from: garbon on June 27, 2012, 07:23:46 AM

I wish I had enough time for such  :hmm:

If I did, I'd plan on spending it more wisely.

Fireblade

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT ISLAM

Josquius

:lol:
Took a while to click what that was.
No wives?.....DOUBLE HERESY.
██████
██████
██████

Fireblade

Paradox should have made this his portrait:

garbon

Quote from: Fireblade on June 27, 2012, 08:44:59 AM
BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT ISLAM

Well to be fair - it was pretty daring of p'dox to put him in at all...given that he now just showed up in 1.06.