News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: HVC on February 22, 2012, 09:00:01 AM
Which crown laws are in place, but not the tax and levy laws (which i call feudal laws... not sure why, maybe it's in the description or something lol). But if you look at your vassals they all have the same levy and tax positives/negatives. So the "feudal laws" cover all your vassals. Although if you switch your primary title you switch to the title "Feudal laws"

Exactly. I'm on the same page with you. :hug:

With crown laws being the crown authority and papal vs free investiture...which are the only ones that seem to vary by kingdom title.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

ulmont

If someone DoWs me, is there REALLY NO FUCKING WAY FOR ME TO ADD WARGOALS?

Like, "Holy War against Apulia for Tunis" needs to turn into "Holy War against Asshole #37 for The Rest Of His Fucking Turf"?

garbon

Quote from: ulmont on February 22, 2012, 10:51:18 AM

Like, "Holy War against Apulia for Tunis" needs to turn into "Holy War against Asshole #37 for The Rest Of His Fucking Turf"?

Yep. Instead you can get a token payment that might not even cover your war expenses. Woo-hoo.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

I loathe the Serene Doge of Venice.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Fireblade

Quote from: garbon on February 22, 2012, 11:09:00 AM

Yep. Instead you can get a token payment that might not even cover your war expenses. Woo-hoo.

You get a hostage, too!

In my case, it's been the High Chief of Lithuania who keeps trying to steal Danish Courland. Every time I beat the shit out of the Lithuanians, they offer up a family member of the deposed Courland family as a hostage. I'll try to ransom him for 10 gold, but the High Chief is always like LOL YOU KEEP HIM. Gee.. thanks?

ulmont

Found Martinus' account (or sock) on Paradox:

QuoteI mean as it stands now, all being gay does is reduce your fertility and your opinion. But just as a hetero king frequently goes and saucies himself with a pretty young thing at court, I think events should fire regarding other homosexual characters, whether they be courtiers or other nobles.

Like what if you become the lover of another noble, then that should also be the equivalent of marriage in an alliance
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?588922-quot-Homosexual-quot-should-have-more-events-surrounding-other-gay-courtiers-or-nobles

garbon

I'd really rather they remove homosexual characters. :D

Drakken

No.

But at least now, if you beat him you'll get wads of money in return when you enforce your peace.

ulmont

Quote from: Drakken on February 22, 2012, 02:39:28 PM

No.

But at least now, if you beat him you'll get wads of money in return when you enforce your peace.

It's not really "wads."  I think it depends on the amount in the treasury, so if Asshole #37 isn't rich, the amount isn't much.

crazy canuck

Quote from: ulmont on February 22, 2012, 01:08:42 PM
Found Martinus' account (or sock) on Paradox:

QuoteI mean as it stands now, all being gay does is reduce your fertility and your opinion. But just as a hetero king frequently goes and saucies himself with a pretty young thing at court, I think events should fire regarding other homosexual characters, whether they be courtiers or other nobles.

Like what if you become the lover of another noble, then that should also be the equivalent of marriage in an alliance
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?588922-quot-Homosexual-quot-should-have-more-events-surrounding-other-gay-courtiers-or-nobles

So is Marti advocating an Edward II type event where the King takes a male lover and loses control of his kingdom as a result?

ulmont

Quote from: crazy canuck on February 22, 2012, 02:57:41 PM
So is Marti advocating an Edward II type event where the King takes a male lover and loses control of his kingdom as a result?

That poster is, yeah.

garbon

Quote from: ulmont on February 22, 2012, 02:51:46 PM
Quote from: Drakken on February 22, 2012, 02:39:28 PM

No.

It's not really "wads."  I think it depends on the amount in the treasury, so if Asshole #37 isn't rich, the amount isn't much.

:yes:

I fought off Mauritania and gained a whopping 240. I definitely paid out more upkeeping my mercs.  In real history, I would have used that war to knock them out of their Iberian holdings.

crazy canuck

Quote from: garbon on February 22, 2012, 03:08:51 PM

I fought off Mauritania and gained a whopping 240. I definitely paid out more upkeeping my mercs.  In real history, I would have used that war to knock them out of their Iberian holdings.

Agreed.  It would be better if war aims could be added when attacked.  One way to game the system, in theory,  is to continually attack a person (with the 10 year truce rule in mind) who has a claim so that they cannot make their claim good through war.

Tamas

Quote from: crazy canuck on February 22, 2012, 03:16:50 PM

Agreed.  It would be better if war aims could be added when attacked.  One way to game the system, in theory,  is to continually attack a person (with the 10 year truce rule in mind) who has a claim so that they cannot make their claim good through war.

The current system is a very small price to pay for a non-retarded peace AI

Viking

Quote from: crazy canuck on February 22, 2012, 03:16:50 PM

Truces work one way. The day after the white peace and you demobilize you can declare war on the guy who just attacked you without malus.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.