And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 17, 2012, 11:21:43 AM
FUCKING STEAM! :bleeding: :bleeding: :bleeding:

Piece of shit patches automatically. Are the save games even compatible? Another year, two at most and I would have had enough money to absolutely crush Harold and put myself on the throne.

Harold?  Like Harold Godwinson?  If you are that early in the game why not just start a new one?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on February 17, 2012, 11:22:48 AM
Quote from: Drakken on February 17, 2012, 11:19:01 AM
Quote from: Martinus on February 17, 2012, 11:17:33 AM
Won't you still be able to marry matrilineally two courtiers of your own court?

Own court should be fine. It's shopping genial courtiers away in other people's courts that was an issue.

Ok, so no problem with making sure your daughters can have children while they are not rulers themselves yet.

Yep that solves that problem.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on February 17, 2012, 11:17:24 AM
Quote from: Martinus on February 17, 2012, 10:49:11 AM
Can someone post the "beating the gay away event" in its entirety?

Can't as I don't have access to it at work but it is basically an event that fires for a guardian if their ward is a homosexual.  I forget the first option, last option is like It'll pass and then middle option is like "Try to beat the gay away". I think there's then a % chance that your ward stops being gay/is angry at you.

If it makes the kid depressed or stressed and the chance of losing "homosexual" trait is small, I can see this simulating deep denial about this, to the effect of becoming suicidal and whatnot.

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on February 17, 2012, 11:24:39 AM
Quote from: garbon on February 17, 2012, 11:17:24 AM
Quote from: Martinus on February 17, 2012, 10:49:11 AM
Can someone post the "beating the gay away event" in its entirety?

Can't as I don't have access to it at work but it is basically an event that fires for a guardian if their ward is a homosexual.  I forget the first option, last option is like It'll pass and then middle option is like "Try to beat the gay away". I think there's then a % chance that your ward stops being gay/is angry at you.

If it makes the kid depressed or stressed and the chance of losing "homosexual" trait is small, I can see this simulating deep denial about this, to the effect of becoming suicidal and whatnot.

I can see it simulating that if you beat gay kids - you can rid the world of homosexuals. :)

Anyway, no there isn't depression but the two effects I listed. Chance of not being homosexual and opinion change.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Kinda odd - I offed my wife via plot and then got an event saying that it was sort of suspicious how she died and I wonder who killed her. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on February 17, 2012, 11:27:21 AM
Kinda odd - I offed my wife via plot and then got an event saying that it was sort of suspicious how she died and I wonder who killed her. :D

Sometimes you cannot let the right hand know what the left hand is doing.

garbon

Also excommunication is rough. The Pope pissed off that declared my independence has happily excommunicated two of my rulers. My Duchy of Salerno turned Toscana is constantly in decline. :weep:

jimmy olsen

My daughter in law went to war to depose the king. Not sure who she's got in mind, herself or her husband. I don't really care since her husband is my heir. Shouldn't I have the option of joining her campaign? It seems the only option is to declare independence, run a concurrent war where I do all the fighting and then swear fealty to Queen pants on head retarded after it's all done.

Was this really necessary? I control 3/5ths of England directly already. My son and heir is married to miss jumps the gun double duchess, and I've married or betrothed my half sisters and daughters to literally every other duke in England. She couldn't wait for me to decide when to make a move? I was building a war chest! What a stupid cunt! Gahhh!
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Razgovory

Piece of shit patches automatically. Are the save games even compatible? Another year, two at most and I would have had enough money to absolutely crush Harold and put myself on the throne.

Wait, why did you buy off Steam?  You know how Steam works.  You know how Paradox works.  You should know what will happen.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Razgovory on February 17, 2012, 12:06:06 PM

Wait, why did you buy off Steam?  You know how Steam works.  You know how Paradox works.  You should know what will happen.
Didn't want to open up a paypal account.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

sbr

You should always turn off auto-patching on paradox games if you have to get them on steam.

Habbaku

Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 17, 2012, 12:08:43 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on February 17, 2012, 12:06:06 PM

Didn't want to open up a paypal account.

I didn't use PayPal for Gamer's Gate.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

Hey can the player get those plots to change realm laws like other vassals get? I've never seen it as an option though I've wanted it.

Maximus

As I understand it, you can marry off women from your dynasty matrilinearly, just not random women from your court.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: garbon on February 17, 2012, 12:48:03 PM
Hey can the player get those plots to change realm laws like other vassals get? I've never seen it as an option though I've wanted it.

I got one to ratchet down the Crown Laws of France as "Duke" of Toulouse.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson