News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on February 16, 2012, 04:20:56 PM
Somehow, my family in CK2 always ends up like that of Henry II. One son is incompetent, one son is gay, I'm fucking my daughter-in-law and my wife wants to kill me.  :hmm:

I hope you at least got to rid yourself of troublesome priests.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on February 16, 2012, 04:20:21 PM
It seems like you need to generate dynasty members who do not get direct claims on your own titles - if you can appoint lots of cousins and nephews you should be okay.

Yeah but those guys typically never ask for titles whereas your direct relatives are always bugging you.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on February 16, 2012, 04:36:41 PM
It seems like you need to generate dynasty members who do not get direct claims on your own titles - if you can appoint lots of cousins and nephews you should be okay.

Yeah but those guys typically never ask for titles whereas your direct relatives are always bugging you.

I'm always like Uncle why don't you join the Church.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Drakken

Official quote from Tegus on official forum: in the next patch successful defenders in a war will be able to extract monetary reparations from the losing attacking party.

I like.  :licklips:

Drakken

Quote from: Valmy on February 16, 2012, 04:36:41 PM

http://movieclips.com/5JrL8-the-lion-in-winter-movie-next-in-line/

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Viking on February 16, 2012, 01:22:57 PM
Quote from: garbon on February 16, 2012, 11:00:03 AM
Quote from: Viking on February 16, 2012, 10:51:13 AM
5. I still don't understand why my entire kingdom yields 2000 feudal levies and my demesne yeilds 300 feudal levies but when 3 province Duchy of Kent revolts raises 500 per province without using mercenaries. After the kent levies have already been fighting for years putting down the revolving revolters and are reduced to next to nothing they manage this.

500 doesn't seem much for a duchy and after all vassals can raise more than you can get out of them.

60 total provinces, of which 5 are mine yeild a total of 2000 feudals (from 55 provinces) and 300 demesne (from 5 provinces). The Norman Catholic Duke of Kent with Norman Catholic Vassals manages to mobilise 1500 men from his three provinces. I understand that relationships determine how much is raised. I should at least have a higher theoretical max with my 5 similar or better quality provinces, but I don't.

It seems that only the player is affected by the -300% malus in levy size due to conquest and occupation.

Right now the games seems pointless since there seems to be no choice I could make which would result in the war of the roses constantly. Though, the war of the roses did have pauses.
It's because you're a foreign conqueror, there's a huge penalty on your levies for like 25 years or something because of it.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Josquius

1066 is buggered.
I can't even beat the norse.

One thing I dislike in this game is how important culture is. Culture really doesn't matter in the time period, someone from the next valley over is a foreigner in this period, who cares if the distant king far away is French or Londonish.

And yes, the way giving stuff to sons always means trouble sucks. Why oh why can't there be any happy families in this game? Its not too out of period for two brothers to be friends and one to be quite happy when dad makes him a duke and his brother is due to be king. Some might even prefer such a situation. Gah.
██████
██████
██████

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tyr on February 16, 2012, 07:29:53 PM
1066 is buggered.
I can't even beat the norse.

One thing I dislike in this game is how important culture is. Culture really doesn't matter in the time period, someone from the next valley over is a foreigner in this period, who cares if the distant king far away is French or Londonish.

And yes, the way giving stuff to sons always means trouble sucks. Why oh why can't there be any happy families in this game? Its not too out of period for two brothers to be friends and one to be quite happy when dad makes him a duke and his brother is due to be king. Some might even prefer such a situation. Gah.
Play as Lancaster and kill your brother to become the master of Northern England. You should be in an excellent position to declare independence if it looks like Norway or Normandy will win the war. After that you should be able to fight William or Harald given the crippling levy penalties he'll have on his English domains. If the Saxons win you'll be in a good way towards being in position to usurp the throne.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Hey Marty, guess what causes homosexuality
    In health_events.txt
    code:

character_event = {
       id = 6225
       desc = "EVTDESC6225"
       picture = "GFX_evt_scandal"

trigger = {
          has_character_modifier = voice_of_satan
          NOT = {
             trait = homosexual
          }
       }

mean_time_to_happen = {
          months = 120
       }

option = {
          name = "EVTOPTA6225"
          add_trait = homosexual
       }
    }

1 Karma Chameleon point

Habbaku

Quote from: Drakken on February 16, 2012, 04:47:35 PM
Official quote from Tegus on official forum: in the next patch successful defenders in a war will be able to extract monetary reparations from the losing attacking party.

I like.  :licklips:

:)
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Ed Anger

I wish I had never helped my Danish ally in its war against the pagans. Now I got a province far from Croatia and no matter who I give the county to, they rebel within 2 months.

THANKS DENMARK.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 16, 2012, 10:43:39 PM
I wish I had never helped my Danish ally in its war against the pagans. Now I got a province far from Croatia and no matter who I give the county to, they rebel within 2 months.

THANKS DENMARK.
The solution is to conquer everything between that province and Croatia and make your kingdom contiguous.  :sleep:

1 Karma Chameleon point

Drakken

Quote from: Tyr on February 16, 2012, 07:29:53 PM

I don't know what the fuck you are doing, but I don't have any problem with my sons nor my brothers after giving them land. And I play Denmark, which starts with a shitload of sons and future brothers. I read what penalties they have and I attempt to offset them, or I participate in wars and put them as leaders to keep them busy. Also, crusades are great for maintaining peace through the realm: there is indeed a peace of God in the game, so vassals won't fuck with you while you are gone killing Turks.

Don't forget that if you give them land AND a Duchy you have to give him enough lands to offset the "want Duchy XYZ's county", which is -25 each time. So if a Duchy has 3 counties and you give him only one he's gonna have -50 opinion because he wants the other 2 counties.

I also avoid giving land to any of my sons with either Ambitious or Envious traits, because the penalty is huge. If one rebels but the negative penalty is small I usually free them after imprisonment, fully pardoned, which gives a slight boost to every vassal for mercy. Only those with a big penalty I treat mercilessly.

garbon

Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 16, 2012, 07:57:03 PM
Hey Marty, guess what causes homosexuality

I gotta admit that as a homosexual between this and the events to beat the homosexuality out of a ward (child you are educating) that Paradox seems to be playing this a little cavalier.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Fireblade

Well, shit.

I married my son, Geoffrey d'Anjou, to the eventual heiress of the Kingdom of England. She looked like a great catch.. lots of titles to inherit, great stats, and she looks hot. Unfortunately, she's a crazy bitch. Let's hope her possession doesn't compel her to boil my grandson or anything fucked up like that.

As soon as she pumps out an heir, she's totally going to get killed so I can marry my son to the next daughter in line to inherit.