News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard Hakluyt

France is totally buggered in my game, it has split into France, Aquitaine and Toulouse - Gaul is divided into 3 parts  :cool:

Perhaps the problem is limited to grabbing pagan areas, especially in the early game, which will be fixed in the next update.

William II "The Great" of England is doing rather well at the moment. But there is a fly in the ointment. I married a Scottish Duchess, coveting her lands as you do. Well, war repeatedly broke out with Scotland and the Northern barons so I took the opportunity to grab some border holdings...........the problem is that she rather fancied these lands for herself. She doesn't like me very much and in 20 years of marriage we have only had 3 children......all daughters  <_< . My heir is some idiotic cousin who has been collecting bad habits all his life, the missus is now 37, at least I now have a better understanding of how Henry VIII must have felt  :P

Tamas

:D

I say it is time for a divorce.

Martinus

Or better yet, a plot to speed her passing. ;)

Martinus

Btw, is there a way to attack a vassal without having to attack a liege, if you are not part of the same realm? E.g. if they are excommunicated or something?

Tamas

Quote from: Martinus on February 16, 2012, 05:55:46 AM
Btw, is there a way to attack a vassal without having to attack a liege, if you are not part of the same realm? E.g. if they are excommunicated or something?

don't think so.

HisMajestyBOB

Poor Saxon England. Harold defeated both William and Harald, but their sons restarted the war a few years later. He white peaced William's son Robert, but after Harold died, Robert declared war on his son.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

jimmy olsen

England's been at peace finally so I'm getting nervous.

My prefidious 2nd cousin the Duke of Lancaster DOWed me for Northumberland and I assassinated him and crushed his minor son's army.

Still, as soon as that war was over I swore fealty to the king of Scotland. William is 70 now and probably won't last long. I just assassinated his 37 year old son and now some 16 year old grandson is in line. Hopefully will croak naturally soon and the realm will have problems upon the young guy's ascension.

Been lucky so far with assassination, I got caught every time in the tutorial, but I've been able to carry out two big ones without being caught here.

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Sheilbh

This game's fiercely addictive.  I'm enjoying a game as Irish Dukes at the minute.  Managed to unite the Kingdom and am slowly trying to take over Scotland.  Every time a King dies there's an immediate massive civil war or English invasion, but so far I've been lucky (killed the English Duke with a claim for example) and been able to cobble it back with my very long-lived monarchs.

Because of all that I've missed what's happened elsewhere except for the occasional glances.  From what I can tell the French inherited Aragon then split into two with Aragon taking Paris and France taking Castellon.  Since then the French had a massive war and have reformed in the hexagon.  Aragon was wiped out but Castille and Galicia have managed a pretty big reconquest in western Spain.

Scotland's being destroyed by me, civil war, Norway and Northern English Lords.  England stayed Saxon but seems to fall apart every 5 years or so (thank God).

It's very good.
Let's bomb Russia!

Tamas

Syt

My Lübeckian duke has been awarded the Duchy of Franconia as well by the Kaiser.

He's 60 now. Heinrich IV (the Chaste), Kaiser, has died, and his successor doesn't like my ruler quite as much. :(

However, the Imperial electors have me in #2 spot for his succession. Budevoij I of Lübeck has so far been a peaceful and virtuous man, but this sorely tempts him to get rid of the Kaiser. Alas, chances of success for assassination are 13%, with 60% chance of detection.

Also, someone offed my duke's 19 year old pregnant French princess. He's now betrothed to 10 year old Spanish princess instead. *ick*
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Solmyr

Quote from: Syt on February 16, 2012, 08:39:07 AM
Also, someone offed my duke's 19 year old pregnant French princess. He's now betrothed to 10 year old Spanish princess instead. *ick*

The Spanish Infanta?

Syt

Quote from: Solmyr on February 16, 2012, 08:46:15 AM
Quote from: Syt on February 16, 2012, 08:39:07 AM

The Spanish Infanta?

No, he only got betrothed to her after the princess (his then wife) was killed.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Solmyr

She'll probably look like this when she's older:

Ed Anger

I think with the absolute crown authority, I'm just not going to have any duke/count vassals. Fuck the ungrateful family members. You will stay in the court and be bred like Pokemon to lead the King's armies while he bonks all the females in the court. And hang the demesne penalties.

I'll see if a small Kingdom like Croatia can be run like that.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Martinus

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 16, 2012, 09:03:06 AM
I think with the absolute crown authority, I'm just not going to have any duke/count vassals. Fuck the ungrateful family members. You will stay in the court and be bred like Pokemon to lead the King's armies while he bonks all the females in the court.

So essentially it will be like your real life family? :P