And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: Fireblade on February 15, 2012, 10:33:47 PM
Well, fuck.

The new Queen of Sicily and her uncle, the Duke of Apulia, have a son. Unfortunately, he is inbred. But he's a strong inbred.

That's right: The Normans in Sicily will be led by someone with retard strength.

Marry him to a polack. Their spawn will be über retards.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Josquius

Weird stuff happened in my game with two provinces in northern Sweden (medelpad and the one south of there) suddenly being ran by pagans who didnt look to have any relation to the christian rulers...and this is some years in, after the norse independants have been utterly smashed and forgotten.
██████
██████
██████

Razgovory

You people are fucking tempting me!  I know better then to buy from PDox on the first day.  Or month.  Or half a year.  Still you all seem to genuinely like it.  The last Pdox game I played was boring as fuck.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tyr on February 15, 2012, 10:45:10 PM
Weird stuff happened in my game with two provinces in northern Sweden (medelpad and the one south of there) suddenly being ran by pagans who didnt look to have any relation to the christian rulers...and this is some years in, after the norse independants have been utterly smashed and forgotten.
Peasant rebellion? Or maybe unpaid mercenaries who had pagan leaders set up shop.

Anyways I've been playing Northumberland. Managed to survive my traitorous brother. He got captured and spent years in a dungeon so I guess he was to busy with that to have me assassinated.

Eventually it became clear that we were going to lose to William or Harald so I just declared independence. Rather than being at war with Normandy and Norway I was now just at war with England who was already being gangbanged due to Harold getting excommunicated (Scotland and Brittany invaded as well). I won.

It's 1091 now, and I've managed to annex Liechester (sp?) to my demense, and taken the county of Cumberland from Scotland. I've changed my inheritance law from gavelkind or whatever to seniority (can't change it to primogeniture for some reason due to English law  :huh: ). So my cousin the Duke of Lancaster will inherit. He got cut down to size by William but he's gained back all but one of his original vassals in the meantime.

My son is ruling now and he just came of age so that probably won't happen for a long while though. Just married the daughter of the Duke of Holland, whom he'd been betrothed to.

England's been torn apart by rebellion and invasion, both Norwegian and French. William's somehow managed to keep it all together somehow. He lost Normandy though.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Barrister

As my first country I tried... the Latin Empire.   :cool:

Except that seems really, really hard.  And I still don't know what I'm doing.  I'll play a nice Duchy somewhere, and come back to this one...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

HVC

Stupid scottland ruining my irish game <_<.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Jaron

I had a pretty fun Habsburg game. The emperor made me duke of Pommerania and I built the FUCK out of that province so it yields about 4k troops and 100+ income/year. Everything was going well, but the dynasty got a little thin after a few untimely deaths.

I legitimized a bastard to ensure the dynasty would continue, but later ended up having a younger son - he got the western part of the duchy when my ruler died. His grandmother had been the Swedish king's daughter and the HRE invaded Sweden to enforce his claim - once he was king, he also usurped my precious Pommerania from me and I was downgraded to a count and lost all my vassals. <_<

I usurped it back but now I'm only a 1 province count. :(
Winner of THE grumbler point.

garbon

Since near the beginning of my game their has been a female(!) anti-pope that was hiding out in Rome (Pope for some reason had moved to Ortobello). Just recently, I guess she had her barony pulled and she came to my court.  Pope isn't angry at me because I didn't invite the bitch but with her present my +4 gold per month has ballooned into +22. She also is quick to grant me any divorce I ask for. :cool:

On that female anti-pope, my current ruler's father had briefly coaxed her out of Rome and I'd planned to put her on the papal throne.  But no, I accidentally became Pope again...Did turn out to be convenient though as I plied all my titles on my 2nd second son and loaded up as him to avoid indulgence spam - heir had been a 2 year old grandson when my first born son died.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

katmai

In my current game, it is now 1106, my son has inherited the throne of Navarra, and his mother just died leaving him Siena, Firenze, and Lucca in Italy.
His younger brother who years early had been uncovered plotting to kill the King for throne has rebelled in the 4th Italian province (brescia) that was inherited when their mother died, so now about to crush him and toss his ass in prison.

The King is married to cousin the Queen of Leon so his son is on track to Inherit those lands as well.

Here is map showing the aggressive Frogs in Iberia.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ideologue

I played as the Italian chick from the demo in the real game.  I did the matrilineal marriage thing with some semi-commoner guy who was nonetheless a highly able steward (about 20).  She had three female children before aging out of the babymaking business. <_<

Where's the "smash daughter's head in with rock, steal male urchin infant to raise as biological son" button?  It's not under diplomacy.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Martinus

Quote from: ulmont on February 15, 2012, 09:38:28 PM
What am I supposed to do about the "wrong government" modifier, again?

Are you talking about the relationship modifier or the income debuff (different things)?

Martinus

Quote from: Tyr on February 15, 2012, 09:44:25 PM
When is the first patch due anyway?

Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 15, 2012, 07:36:05 PM
]Why? After all the HRE never disintegrated in real life.

The trouble with this game, indeed any game, is it runs on strictly defined laws and rules.
Real life...isn't so neat. So much stuff being de facto and de jure to varying degrees, so much fudging laws and unwritten laws and other stuff
Yeah. For the most part of its history, the functioning of HRE was actually more similar to what would happen in the game if HRE disintegrated and de iure vassals only voted for the new emperor and the laws without sending any gold or levies to the Emperor.

But Timmy is obviously an idiot so he doesn't see that.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Martinus on February 16, 2012, 02:41:49 AM
Quote from: Tyr on February 15, 2012, 09:44:25 PM
When is the first patch due anyway?

Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 15, 2012, 07:36:05 PM
]Why? After all the HRE never disintegrated in real life.

The trouble with this game, indeed any game, is it runs on strictly defined laws and rules.
Real life...isn't so neat. So much stuff being de facto and de jure to varying degrees, so much fudging laws and unwritten laws and other stuff
Yeah. For the most part of its history, the functioning of HRE was actually more similar to what would happen in the game if HRE disintegrated and de iure vassals only voted for the new emperor and the laws without sending any gold or levies to the Emperor.

But Timmy is obviously an idiot so he doesn't see that.
Well than you might as well split France into separate realms as well then because it was even less cohesive than the HRE at the beginning of the game.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Josquius

QuotePeasant rebellion? Or maybe unpaid mercenaries who had pagan leaders set up shop.
hmm, maybe the mercs, the provinces were christian. It went along with the collapse of Sweden too.

Quote from: garbon on February 16, 2012, 12:37:17 AM
Since near the beginning of my game their has been a female(!) anti-pope that was hiding out in Rome (Pope for some reason had moved to Ortobello). Just recently, I guess she had her barony pulled and she came to my court.  Pope isn't angry at me because I didn't invite the bitch but with her present my +4 gold per month has ballooned into +22. She also is quick to grant me any divorce I ask for. :cool:

On that female anti-pope, my current ruler's father had briefly coaxed her out of Rome and I'd planned to put her on the papal throne.  But no, I accidentally became Pope again...Did turn out to be convenient though as I plied all my titles on my 2nd second son and loaded up as him to avoid indulgence spam - heir had been a 2 year old grandson when my first born son died.

I bred a female anti-pope. Married a daughter to some priest who was the pope's heir.
Priests are just too frisky in this game.
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

Well, I have reached the early 1300s and I may very well delay my HRE modding plans.

It is still mostly united, except for Lower Lorraine which somehow got away (have no idea how) altough they are shown as a lighter shade of HRE grey so it looks fugly.

But the thing is, the HRE has been disabled by various civil wars for the last 50 or so years. Sure, it still stops you from conquering out of it, but it has been reduced to a lame duck, fighting itself all the time. So that's ok.

What's not so ok is that after the 5th or so Golden Horde civil war, the remaining Russian nobles seem to... do something. I think they are swearing loyalty to Byzantium, which still goes relatively strong, fighting the Il Khanate to standstill on modern Turkish borders.
It looks really ugly, but knowing the game, they will rebel in time.

Otherwise I find the Mongols cool. Obviously the whole Rus was too big for them to swallow in one, they can only temporarily put it under control, altough nowadays when a civil war breaks out, more and more rebel dukes are actually mongols.
The Il Khanate has muslimized itself but the Horde remains pagan.

Bulgaria almost replaced my character with his cousin but I assasinated that heir during the war. Then my Duke of Transylvania fought a war with Bulgaria over... Austrian inheritance. The effin' Bulgarians won, but it only means Vienna and a neighboring province. Still, this is something I must take care of. I have secured Byzantine alliance via marriage of my ruler, now I must fabricate claims.