News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fireblade

Orange juice is the only truly acceptable breakfast drink.

ulmont

Around here "voir dire" often rhymes with "four tire."

Barrister

So when I try and download the gamersgate installer, it seems to hang up on "Launching Crusader Kings II installer..."   :mad:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tamas on February 15, 2012, 08:14:07 AM
I am considering implementing a HRE fix of some sort for my next game.

I see repeated breakaway attempts from it. Hell, one of the times Savoy held more territory of the HRE than itself in a war of independence, while Tuscany, an Austrian duchy, and a few others also simultaneously tried to break away, but it just doesnt work.

I assume you can't really force peace with the emperor when it considers to have all those other land under his control, and you just can't keep up with 10k stacks of doom.

Supposedly, crown authority could be locked down for the HRE, so at least in time a vassal or two could grow strong enough in internal wars to break the whole thing apart.
Why? After all the HRE never disintegrated in real life.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Barrister

Nevermind - installer just took its sweet time...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Tonitrus

Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 15, 2012, 07:36:05 PM
Quote from: Tamas on February 15, 2012, 08:14:07 AM
I am considering implementing a HRE fix of some sort for my next game.

I see repeated breakaway attempts from it. Hell, one of the times Savoy held more territory of the HRE than itself in a war of independence, while Tuscany, an Austrian duchy, and a few others also simultaneously tried to break away, but it just doesnt work.

I assume you can't really force peace with the emperor when it considers to have all those other land under his control, and you just can't keep up with 10k stacks of doom.

Supposedly, crown authority could be locked down for the HRE, so at least in time a vassal or two could grow strong enough in internal wars to break the whole thing apart.
Why? After all the HRE never disintegrated in real life.

But does the game represent it as being far more cohesive and effective than it really was?

Ed Anger

Damn Doukas cunt converted the heir to the Croatian kingdom to her barbarous religion. Which I discovered when he became king. FUCK.

I was crusading with my kinsman Polish king too. The Alliance is broken.  :(
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

ulmont

What am I supposed to do about the "wrong government" modifier, again?

FunkMonk

Quote from: Tamas on February 15, 2012, 03:56:37 PM
Pro tip: make sure you have as few children as possible. God damn kingdom heirs.

Ok no probl-

*Sicily marries HRE princess*
*sires twenty kids*

:bleeding:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Josquius

When is the first patch due anyway?

Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 15, 2012, 07:36:05 PM
]Why? After all the HRE never disintegrated in real life.

The trouble with this game, indeed any game, is it runs on strictly defined laws and rules.
Real life...isn't so neat. So much stuff being de facto and de jure to varying degrees, so much fudging laws and unwritten laws and other stuff
██████
██████
██████

Ed Anger

Quote from: ulmont on February 15, 2012, 09:38:28 PM
What am I supposed to do about the "wrong government" modifier, again?

When I got a pagan county , I gave the city and church to vassals. That ended that wrong gub'mint crap.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Maximus

Quote from: Barrister on February 15, 2012, 07:25:53 PM
So when I try and download the gamersgate installer, it seems to hang up on "Launching Crusader Kings II installer..."   :mad:
Make sure your firewall isn't blocking it.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Fireblade

Well, fuck.

The new Queen of Sicily and her uncle, the Duke of Apulia, have a son. Unfortunately, he is inbred. But he's a strong inbred.

That's right: The Normans in Sicily will be led by someone with retard strength.