News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Quote from: Habbaku on February 15, 2012, 02:07:04 AM
Why would you buy from Steam when Gamer's Gate is available?

Gamer's Gate has a habit of rendering my credit cards sterile.  Why?  Was there some compelling reason to do so?  I mean, I just restarted Steam and it worked fine.

I got my ass kicked as Alvar or something of Castille.  I don't know how you guys keep all these people straight.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Quote from: Sheilbh on February 15, 2012, 11:18:59 AM
Quote from: Martinus on February 15, 2012, 11:14:54 AM
It's also pronounced "de yoo-reh" not "j" like "jam".
Not in English it's not.  Although legal English absolutely butchers Latin and Norman French by using their words without any change of pronunciation than if they were just English words :lol:

I prefer to pronounce it iuris doctor, res iudicata, etc, unless I'm talking with morons (no one knows who Iulius Caesar is), or someone who might be offended if I'm pretentious (the iudge -_-), in which case I just use the j sound.  Voir dire I pronounce vore deer, like everyone else does, even though I'm certain that's not correct.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

The Brain

Quote from: Drakken on February 15, 2012, 02:02:07 PM
Quote from: The Brain on February 15, 2012, 01:47:04 PM
Your Jedi mind tricks won't work on me.

Sweden is Norse in religion (and thus OPed from Paradox tradition with swarms of Varegue troops to throw in) but constantly in civil war. Fun time to club them like baby seals as Denmark, to steal Småland, Gotland, and Öland from.

Convinced?  :P

Map sucks.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Valmy

Quote from: crazy canuck on February 15, 2012, 01:11:34 PM
Who are you and what have you done with the Valmy thread highjacker we all know and love?

You love me, you really love me :wub:

With sweet talk like that carry on sir :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Drakken

Quote from: The Brain on February 15, 2012, 02:20:33 PM
Map sucks.

Even the cynics here in Languish agree that it's Paradox got the map aesthetics right this time.  :hmm:

Valmy

The provinces in inner Croaterbia were wrong  :mad:

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Ideologue on February 15, 2012, 02:09:48 PM
I prefer to pronounce it iuris doctor, res iudicata, etc, unless I'm talking with morons (no one knows who Iulius Caesar is), or someone who might be offended if I'm pretentious (the iudge -_-), in which case I just use the j sound.  Voir dire I pronounce vore deer, like everyone else does, even though I'm certain that's not correct.

Voir dire is French, not Latin.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

The Minsky Moment

That's Iedi in Old Republican speak.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Ideologue

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on February 15, 2012, 02:29:42 PM

Voir dire is French, not Latin.

Anglo-Norman French, yeah, but it's another example of legal terminology that (I expect) isn't pronounced correctly.  However, I'm not sure how to say it properly, since it's not modern French (and I butcher that too, because of their penchant for letters that don't do anything).
Kinemalogue

The Brain

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on February 15, 2012, 02:30:51 PM

Oh FFS. I'll get the damn thing. :rolleyes:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Winkelried

Quote from: Barrister on February 15, 2012, 02:56:28 PM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on February 15, 2012, 02:30:51 PM

*snort*

That's how it's pronounced in German.  :D

Other matter completely: On gamer's gate they say DLC's can only be bought withing the In-Game store. How does that work?

sbr

Go to the ingame store, which is through gamersgate, and buy them with blue coins.

Admiral Yi

Voir dire I pronounce vore deer, like everyone else does, even though I'm certain that's not correct.

I've always heard it pronounced vwar deer, which is pretty close.