News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

I am considering implementing a HRE fix of some sort for my next game.

I see repeated breakaway attempts from it. Hell, one of the times Savoy held more territory of the HRE than itself in a war of independence, while Tuscany, an Austrian duchy, and a few others also simultaneously tried to break away, but it just doesnt work.

I assume you can't really force peace with the emperor when it considers to have all those other land under his control, and you just can't keep up with 10k stacks of doom.

Supposedly, crown authority could be locked down for the HRE, so at least in time a vassal or two could grow strong enough in internal wars to break the whole thing apart.

Tamas

What are the minimally required files for a mod directory to work?

I want to edit, once figured out how, the inheritance and authority functions such a way that they are forbidden if HRE and under a certain legal tech level.

garbon

Obnoxious, I tried what I did in the demo of keeping myself safe as the Duchy of Salerno of pledging myself to Il Papa who was good at keeping me safe from the muslim hordes - as he tended to be good with raising mercs.  This time he decided to just let me drift in the wind and I lost both the duchy and county in one fell swoop.  Thankfully, I'd already re-styled myself Duke of Capua with Capua in Napoli so only time will tell if I'll be wiped off the map. :(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Kleves

So, I started a game as... Kleve(s). I have a few questions (so far):

1. How do you change baronial succession laws?
2. Does sending a kid off to be educated by someone do anything other than boost relations?
3. Can my liege raise my levy (and thus send my court off to war*) without asking my permission?
4. Is there any downside to having my character act as spymaster/marshal/whatever in my liege's court?

*My count's wife has had 6 kids... almost all of them conceived while the count was off campaigning throughout Germany.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Kleves

Heh. My bracketed insert of the letter S after Kleve apparently triggered strikethrough through the rest of the post.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

garbon

Assuming that was just bad formatting.

1) I don't know if that is possible.
2) Yes, that kid is a hostage in the event of war I believe. At least that's what the tooltip says when you offer to educate a child of a foreign court and their answer would be no.
3) Yes which has caused me to completely depend on financing mercs.
4) Yes, your character could be subject to any of the negative events that can occur to council members (like getting maimed or imprisoned, etc. depending on mission). Also you could pick up the disease from a province you are in.

Martinus

1. How do you change baronial succession laws?

I believe they follow the succession laws of the Duchy.

2. Does sending a kid off to be educated by someone do anything other than boost relations?

Yes. The tutor influences events/stats of the kid and (I think) education he gets (so someone with Martial education gives your kid Martial education etc.)

3. Can my liege raise my levy (and thus send my court off to war*) without asking my permission?

Yes. And frequently they do.

4. Is there any downside to having my character act as spymaster/marshal/whatever in my liege's court?

Bad events when you are send off to do your liege's bidding plus your location becomes that of your liege's court which may affect you negatively if someone wants to plot against you (i.e. because then they have to get backers from the court of your liege, not your/your vassals).

Edit: Also, what garbo said.

Kleves

Thanks for the answers. Bummer about the liege being able to raise troops without asking.

I played a bit more this morning and my liege usurped my title. One little plot against him and that's how he reacts. :glare:

HVC

Quote from: Kleves on February 15, 2012, 10:30:14 AM
Thanks for the answers. Bummer about the liege being able to raise troops without asking.

I played a bit more this morning and my liege usurped my title. One little plot against him and that's how he reacts. :glare:
:lol: at least he didn't imprison and execute you
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Martinus

Notice that he can't raise ALL your levies, just some percentage, depending on crown authority levels. So if you don't like him sending your troops away from home, make sure the royal authority is low.

Martinus

Yay, the next patch is going to prevent French reconquista of Spain. Now AI will not use a religious war CB (note: not the same as a crusade) if the target is within de iure area of another existing Christian kingdom or duchy. So e.g. France won't steal Aragonese lands as long as the Chrisitian kingdom of Aragon exists etc. Same with HRE annexing Polish Pommeralia.

Sheilbh

Quote from: HVC on February 15, 2012, 10:32:17 AM
Quote from: Kleves on February 15, 2012, 10:30:14 AM

:lol: at least he didn't imprison and execute you
That happened to me in my first demo game as the Bohemian.  I hadn't even done anything, the Weimar bastard had framed me <_<
Let's bomb Russia!

Ed Anger

I saved southern Italy from the towelies in a war to defend the faith only to see the Doukas fucks walk into apulia afterwards.

It ain't easy being a Croat.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Drakken

Quote from: Martinus on February 15, 2012, 10:38:26 AM
Yay, the next patch is going to prevent French reconquista of Spain. Now AI will not use a religious war CB (note: not the same as a crusade) if the target is within de iure area of another existing Christian kingdom or duchy. So e.g. France won't steal Aragonese lands as long as the Chrisitian kingdom of Aragon exists etc. Same with HRE annexing Polish Pommeralia.

:yeah: