Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cecil

Sahib

Stonewall=Worst Mod ever

Habbaku

:yeah:  Game is very pretty.  DLC download/installation was a breeze, too.

The game is a bit overwhelming at the moment, though.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Thank God for multi-core support.  The game runs a million times faster than CK1.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Martinus

Martinus

Great. My steam download just stopped at 50% and started downloading from 0%.

Valmy

And that is the last we will see of Marty except during lawyering hours.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

crazy canuck

We owe Johan a debt of gratitude.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

sbr

Martinus

Is it me or is this game fucking hard? I had my ass kicked on normal difficulty, once as the Duke of Apulia and once as Toulouse - in each case I wasn't the aggressive one and just got destroyed by my neighbours (the muslims and Aquitaine, respectively).

sbr

Those sicilian moslems are bad add.

Martinus

Yeah but I thought that as Toulouse it would be an easy mode - instead withing a generation both Aquitaine and Burgundy claimed my main title and declared war on me.  <_<

Martinus

Also, it kinda sucks that there is no separate AI aggressiveness setting.

Solmyr

Played with Bohemia for 30 years. Became King, but with seniorate succession which is impossible to change, it's title juggling between my large family, who are all keen on murdering each other. Meanwhile, the Emperor has rampaged across the Baltic pagans and then hit the Pope, becoming known as Heinrich the Great and being basically unstoppable.