News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chipwich

It's essential to remember that you can convert to your liege's culture on a whim.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Tamas on February 12, 2012, 06:57:30 AM
And yes, the Mongol event puts a bunch of mongols to the court of the player, ruining the game.

:lol:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Iormlund

Drakken

Quote from: sbr on February 12, 2012, 02:10:56 AM
What is "wrong government type"?  It is causing the bishop of benevento to not like Robert d'hauteville.

Edit:  also I don't notice any improved relations when I send my kids to be educated by others.

For the "wrong government type" it means you have bishopric and city settlements that are run by the wrong type of vassal. You or vassal barons can only hold castles without penalties. You should grant them to non-titled characters through the "Grant landed titles" so that they become Mayor/Bishop.

sbr

Quote from: Martinus on February 12, 2012, 03:45:12 AM
Quote from: sbr on February 12, 2012, 02:10:56 AM
What is "wrong government type"?  It is causing the bishop of benevento to not like Robert d'hauteville.

Do you hold any bishoprics directly in your demesne?

I didn't until that bishop revolted and got curbstomped.

Martinus

You need to give them away (you can right-click on the barony and have an option to "create" a new character as a bishop).

Btw, King Boleslaw the Bold came out at the ripe age of 64 in my game, as he apparently had his gay orgy after some tournament. :P

He was promptly assassinated by his wife.

Martinus

In my Polish game, I had to imprison my brother (Duke of Masovia) and his wife for plotting. They both died in prison and were succeeded by their only daughter who promptly married the Duke of Silesia and began to plot to turn Poland into an elective monarchy, while her husband plotted to have my heir assassinated. The bitch even had a nerve to ask for my son to be sent to her court for fostering.  :lol:

PDH

Jesus, now the Middle Ages are getting gayed up. 
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Martinus

Apparently, if your ruler is gay, it gives a negative reaction from all vassals... except the gay ones, who get a positive bonus to reaction.

I'm gonna create a gay mafia kingdom.  :lol:

Tamas

I have just had one real asshole in my current line of Hungarian kings (put on hold due to the mongol bug). His first event upon succeding his father was to figure that his stepmother fancied him. I went ahead with it for the sake of rping. Funny thing is that the woman was from the extended family, the king's father got the same event regarding her when she was 16, but I didn't follow it up, until the first wife died and I married the Árpád chick, again for RPing reasons.

garbon

How sad. Tamas and Mart couldn't escape themselves for even a second and had to play their homelands.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

OttoVonBismarck

I put in my pre-order just now; I actually had to open a MoneyBookers account to finalize payment. Apparently PayPal (which I haven't used to checkout in years) forces you to use your PayPal balance before it will let you use any other form of payment associated with your PayPal account. The only exception is it will let you do an eCheck, but merchants have the option of disabling eCheck payments (which GamersGate has done.) Since I always have a small balance in my PayPal account that I use for a very specific thing (and would have to do another 4-5 day transfer from my bank account to replenish...which I don't want to do) I had to create a whole separate account with MoneyBookers to just pay using a credit card.

So while I won't join the crowd of people who are against PayPal out of paranoia, I can definitely get on board with thinking it's an obnoxious payment system.

garbon

One thing I don't get is what's up with the artificial - you can only end up with what your war aim was at the beginning?  What exactly is that supposed to simulate? Seems just like a half-assed attempt to prevent overrun.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

Quote from: garbon on February 12, 2012, 01:19:19 PM
One thing I don't get is what's up with the artificial - you can only end up with what your war aim was at the beginning?  What exactly is that supposed to simulate? Seems just like a half-assed attempt to prevent overrun.

Agreed. It is half-assed. On the other hand, it seems to work and I am thus fine with it. Also I think it helps the peace AI.

And regarding home countries: don't blame for you not having any in this period. :P

Is is so surprising that we play with the country we know most about?
Not to mention that the region is much more interesting than in other Paradox games, for both countries. You are part of the Christian side of the playing field, but bordering pagans, and orthodoxes as well.

HVC

Quote from: garbon on February 12, 2012, 01:19:19 PM
but it seems to speed up over run. playing against pagans instead of just getting a county or two you can gobble up duchies in one war.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.