News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Croatia is rather fun to play with. I had a king with the Impaler trait be named 'The Just'. He liked nailing envoys heads to walls.  :)

Plus Byzantine emperors kept asking for my approval of shit and I wasn't a vassal. EGO STOKED.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on February 07, 2012, 01:29:31 PM
Sounds like Dwarf Fort with a better interface.  I shall buy it.

Wrong thread?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

garbon

Manual seems rather splapdash. I've no idea why I care if the church has high moral authority or not.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Barrister

Quote from: garbon on February 07, 2012, 10:51:04 PM
Manual seems rather splapdash. I've no idea why I care if the church has high moral authority or not.

So where can I find this manual?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

Quote from: Barrister on February 07, 2012, 11:05:40 PM
Quote from: garbon on February 07, 2012, 10:51:04 PM

So where can I find this manual?

No idea. Someone e-mailed it to me.

PRC

Someone in my office must like CKII as well because I found a print out of the manual in the office's shared printer.  I haven't been able to find it online yet.

Liep

In order to find the manual and demo links you need to clear your cache.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Habbaku

Really annoying that you people are talking about the manual as if it's online yet.  :rolleyes:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

HVC

i shouldn't have played the demo of this game. i want the full version now.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Liep on February 07, 2012, 11:21:39 PM
In order to find the manual and demo links you need to clear your cache.
:lol:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

garbon

Quote from: Habbaku on February 07, 2012, 11:28:04 PM
Really annoying that you people are talking about the manual as if it's online yet.  :rolleyes:

Pretty sure it was released by wikileaks.

Tamas

It is online but it is shitty.

garbon, tooltips are your friend. Conversion chances, and heresy appearence are the main things affected by church authority.

Richard Hakluyt

Apparently the mercenary prices were halved for the demo, to give people a chance to use them in the limited time period. Which is just as well really since they seemed overpowered.

I played another game as Boleslaw and concentrated on developing my demesne, building baronies on the empty slots in Krakow and one more barony in another core province (the name escapes me atm). I held the new baronies personally and had a gratifying increase in income. By the end of the 20 years I was raking in 18 gold a month despite keeping the charges on my vassals at a low level. I'd say that kingdom was stronger than the previous game when I descended on the pagans as soon as I could hire a decent mercenary force.

Martinus

I played a very low key game as Hugh the Devil, Count of Lusignan yesterday. I was already married the daughter of the Count of Thouars and apparently my liege, Duke of Aquitaine, liked me so much he appointed me the Chancellor and Master of the Hunt of Poitous and Aquitaine (I hated his guts nonetheless), so my Count spent most of his time in Bordeaux or being sent on claim fabricating missions.  :yuk:

Still, Hugh managed to get two sons and two daughters. When my spymaster uncovered a plot of my brother (a Steward of my county) to kill my first born, I tried to arrest the scum but he fled to Geneva of all places. So I had his wife and his newborn son arrested before they could join their daddy-in-crime. The bitch died after two years and the sonny spent 15 years in the dungeon. He ended up being poor health and looking rather haggard. When someone interceded on his behalf, I let the tyke out of the dungeon and made him my court jester, and he still had loyalty of 85 - the wonders of proper motivation it seems. :P

I tried to make my goddamn liege give me a duchy but the fucker kept refusing (even though I fucking converted to his, Occitanian, culture and my name changed to Uc for some motherfucking reasons :ultra:). He just kept inviting me to a feast in Bordeaux (and one even in Sardinia, where he was apparently crusading at the time). I thought this was a plot to assassinate me at first, but apparently he just liked to party.

The king also kept sending me out with troops on some countless crusades so when the peasants rebelled I had to empty my coffers and hire mercenaries to deal with it.

All in all, the game had potential but 20 years is too short to do anything sensible with a country I think.