News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Quote from: ulmont on February 06, 2012, 09:35:26 AM
Whoops.  Turns out, married women in your court have, for the most part, literally nothing to do but plot assassinations.  'Kill your spouse' at least requires the character to significantly dislike their spouse, but the general assassination mission frequently (depending on traits and specific cause) only requires an opinion below zero.  And guess what the relationship of a newborn baby (with no traits and a low diplomacy) is to a random woman in the court?
[/quote]
Married women = evil murderous bitches. That's realistic.

Tamas

So will the Gamersgate version be released in Swedish morning hours like the rest of their games?

dps

Quote from: garbon on February 06, 2012, 10:22:00 AM
Quote from: dps on February 06, 2012, 03:00:40 AM
Quote from: garbon on February 05, 2012, 09:20:03 PM
Quote from: Tyr on February 05, 2012, 09:16:16 PM
Is there a bride finder?
With marrying for love/stats being out in the game (a good move really) finding exactly the right noble lady seems it could be a difficult and annoying task....

:huh:

Yes. When was there ever marrying for love?

Ferdinand and Isabella, interestingly enough.  They actually eloped;  her father had arranged a marriage for her to the son of the King of Portugal.

WTF? I wasn't asking a history question. :huh:

Ah.  Rhetorical question.  Sorry.

garbon

Quote from: dps on February 06, 2012, 03:34:32 PM
Quote from: garbon on February 06, 2012, 10:22:00 AM
Quote from: dps on February 06, 2012, 03:00:40 AM
Quote from: garbon on February 05, 2012, 09:20:03 PM
Quote from: Tyr on February 05, 2012, 09:16:16 PM
Is there a bride finder?
With marrying for love/stats being out in the game (a good move really) finding exactly the right noble lady seems it could be a difficult and annoying task....

:huh:

Yes. When was there ever marrying for love?

Ferdinand and Isabella, interestingly enough.  They actually eloped;  her father had arranged a marriage for her to the son of the King of Portugal.

WTF? I wasn't asking a history question. :huh:

Ah.  Rhetorical question.  Sorry.

Yeah it was more disbelief on his post as everything he said seemed basically wrong.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

PRC

Haha... in the Demo thread on p'dox some guy was mentioning that his characters's son and heir wound up being a "Homosexual Bastard" and then this other guy jumps in with their forum rules on slanderous terms. 

Martinus

DGuller

Fireblade

You know, the Paradox forum is even more ridiculous than this one is. Everyone there is either:

1. Ultra-PC Northern European pussy
2. Racist, nationalist Balkantard
3. Gay American

Edit: As opposed to Languish, where everyone is simply racist. :P

garbon

Quote from: Fireblade on February 06, 2012, 05:13:25 PM

Who am I racist against?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Fireblade

Quote from: garbon on February 06, 2012, 06:04:56 PM
Quote from: Fireblade on February 06, 2012, 05:13:25 PM

Who am I racist against?

Oh, you're the exception. You're just a whiny bitch. :)

Ed Anger

The Doukas females also look like Jon Lovitz.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Josquius

Quote from: ulmont on February 06, 2012, 09:35:26 AM
A pretty severe problem with the way plots work out, AKA "why is every baby immediately offed by a random woman in the court?"

[/quote]

Ouch, seems a pretty obvious problem that would have been picked up before too.
So it seems my worries from earlier in development hold true; everyone is a scheming,  conniving git. Even accounting for this being medieval times surely there should be a large number, if not a majority, of people who are actually pretty average and just out to live the best life with the lot they were given, perhaps even being happy with their secondary role in court. Yet...everyone is out to play the power at any costs game here it seems.
██████
██████
██████

Martinus

I don't think there is anything wrong, per se, with your wife trying to assassinate your son from another marriage, especially since women can now inherit in lack of male heirs outside of France.  :huh:

Fireblade

Fireblade