News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Hmm...so sounds like a need to have then?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

no its not.

Preordering is the only way to get a fully functional game without paying extra for such obscure content as Habsburg and Plantegenet coats of arms

Neil

So it sounds like this is a 'wait a year and then buy for 5 bucks' sort of game?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on January 30, 2012, 01:41:55 PM
no its not.

Preordering is the only way to get a fully functional game without paying extra for such obscure content as Habsburg and Plantegenet coats of arms

That's what I meant. Preordering is a must do if one wants the real game when it is released.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

Quote from: Neil on January 30, 2012, 01:48:09 PM
So it sounds like this is a 'wait a year and then buy for 5 bucks' sort of game?

Seems like it.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Maximus

Yea I'm not likely to support that business model

Neil

I'm not a big fan of launch day DLC, especially when it seems sort of like something that should be there.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

garbon

Quote from: Neil on January 30, 2012, 02:28:38 PM
I'm not a big fan of launch day DLC, especially when it seems sort of like something that should be there.

Yeah it does seem pretty shitty - and unnecessary.

Barrister

Meh - it seems like it is the way of things these days. :(
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Darth Wagtaros

Yeah, but I ain't gonna support that crap.  A historical simulator about dynastic politics that makes you pay extra to get the coat of arms of the families you'd be playing as? 
PDH!

Tamas

In all fairness, I think the fanboi chorus is being very effective in dritfing Paradox away from the whole "historical" nonsense.

Take a look at the Vicky2 expansion beta AARs they decided to publish. Now, I am hoping that the expansion will make the game work better, but, they seemed to prove what a magnificent expansion this is by showing that:
-you can become #1 GP with Zulu by 1936
-you can westernize, develop, then conquer parts of SE Asia as Hawaii

Granted, they have short beta AARs about Sweden influencing China and other shitholes to get enough coal off the market (helped by it's 1000 prestige it somehow has in 1844), and Prussia financing Belgian industrialization to keep them away from France, but come on. Those two AARs alone prove that your game has serious problems in simulating the late 19th century. Yet they showcase this as a good thing and have the fanbois rave that oh how cool this can be done.

Barrister

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on January 30, 2012, 03:05:29 PM
Yeah, but I ain't gonna support that crap.  A historical simulator about dynastic politics that makes you pay extra to get the coat of arms of the families you'd be playing as?

Meh - they're charging $2 for them.

Since there was never any chance of me NOT buying CK2, I guess I might as well pre-order then.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

Quote from: Barrister on January 30, 2012, 02:47:20 PM
Meh - it seems like it is the way of things these days. :(

Not including the basic graphics?

garbon

Quote from: Barrister on January 30, 2012, 03:37:37 PM
Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on January 30, 2012, 03:05:29 PM

Meh - they're charging $2 for them.

Valid time to mention slippery slope, no? Oh you want event images - $2. Oh you'd like these extra events - $2. etc.

Darth Wagtaros

They could have rolled it into the price of the friggin game then. I'd have bought it.
PDH!