News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

Quote from: Maximus on March 25, 2019, 09:53:54 PM
For 2, I suspect there's a red star next to "is independent" which means that is a requirement that is not met. You need to declare war on his boss instead.

For 1, I'm not sure. Maybe a screenshot would help us understand it?

Right.

So I have to declare war on the Queen of Scotland - I don't have the game open now, but would I be able to DOW her to press my claim on her vassal's county?
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josephus

Ah ok. I just checked, and yes, I can DOW the Queen of Scotland to press my claim.

And re: my succession question. Apparently the tooltip isn't accurate. Apparently the inhertiance goes to the youngest daughter with a son. Since my youngest daughter doesn't have a son of her own yet, the inheritance stays with oldest daughter. Just have to make sure I marry my youngest matrilinealy now.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

dps

Quote from: Josephus on March 25, 2019, 10:06:18 PM
Ah ok. I just checked, and yes, I can DOW the Queen of Scotland to press my claim.

And re: my succession question. Apparently the tooltip isn't accurate. Apparently the inhertiance goes to the youngest daughter with a son. Since my youngest daughter doesn't have a son of her own yet, the inheritance stays with oldest daughter. Just have to make sure I marry my youngest matrilinealy now.

It would appear that you have agnatic-cognatic succession, but you were originally going on the assumption that you have absolute cognatic.  With absolute cognatic an ultimogeniture, your youngest daughter would be your heir no matter which daughter had a son.

Josephus

Quote from: dps on March 28, 2019, 02:44:25 PM

It would appear that you have agnatic-cognatic succession, but you were originally going on the assumption that you have absolute cognatic.  With absolute cognatic an ultimogeniture, your youngest daughter would be your heir no matter which daughter had a son.

Ok, yes; that must be what it was. thanks.
Civis Romanus Sum

Caliga

So in my current game playing Jarl of Jorvik -> Kingdom of Jorvik -> Kingdom of England it's like 990 and although my king has been Catholic for two generations now, I still have pagan holdout Jarls in my realm, one of whom is the heir (I have seniority succession).

Sometimes when I try to force someone to convert due to the malus 'true believer' which has a massive penalty to the attempt.  What's this and how do I see it/get rid of it?
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

ulmont

Quote from: Caliga on April 01, 2019, 08:14:53 AM
Sometimes when I try to force someone to convert due to the malus 'true believer' which has a massive penalty to the attempt.  What's this and how do I see it/get rid of it?
QuoteCourtiers with the "True believer" flag will never accept conversion demands (characters generated as Jewish councilors or Court Physicians, former cultists who converted as part of "Openly Adopt Faith")

Caliga

Ok, thanks.  I will have to murder them then. :)

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on April 01, 2019, 02:29:58 PM
Ok, thanks.  I will have to murder them then. :)

That is always the freaking answer in this game :lol:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

It's funny if you look at reddit threads about CK2.

"Can someone help me with inbreeding questions"
"Best way to murder my uncle"

schaksen

Quote from: Caliga on April 01, 2019, 02:40:10 PM
It's funny if you look at reddit threads about CK2.

"Can someone help me with inbreeding questions"
"Best way to murder my uncle"
https://www.reddit.com/r/ShitCrusaderKingsSay/
Formerly known as Gumby, this was/is my pdx nick

Caliga

So yes, all of the pagan heirs have somehow mysteriously died. :)  DEUS VULT

Caliga

Oh, and somehow harelips have become the norm with my dynasty.  It's like an Amish Kingdom now. :)

Josephus

Had a bit of down time, so was reading some of the early pages of this thread-- which go back over seven years ago !!

Plenty of names from the past whom I haven't seen in a while (though I don't read all the threads). People like Chipwich, Draaken, obviously Marti, but noticeably Siege and Fireblade.

Also found out Garbon is gay.

Civis Romanus Sum

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Zanza

Paradox released free new content: the new starting point in 936AD, in which you can play as Otto the Great, founder of the HRE. 
I tried playing it, but Otto died early in both my attempts before I could consolidate power and found the empire.