News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

I also went for Bohemia area but chose to start with Moravia. I did manage to form Great Moravia (thanks stewardship focus in WoL - trade routes be great as is debasing the coinage that my tribe uses) during reign of my first ruler but then struggled to right ship for a while as succession jumped around. My new brawny ruler has managed to expand again with some strong tributaries. However, I am facing down large Catholic states of Francia, Lombardy and Avaria.

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Okay, I was wrong on that. A little bit later, I turned Avaria into a tributary. Silesia tried to revolt against me and I imprisoned its duke. A little while after it inherited the pink of Lesser Poland.

Direct heir to large Silesia was none other but myself, so I just had the oh so satisfying experience of executing a rebellious prisoner to gain two titles. :cool:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

Something is off about the Tuetonic Knights. I had a popup say (paraphrasing) "You support the Tuetonic Knights getting a county, but you should let your liege decide".

What the hell, I don't want to do that at all, and then goes and gives my vassal's county away. It was 96 years integrated into Bohemia as well. :bleeding:

That stupid Emperor died soon after and I discovered that the moron had created the Empire of Carpathia. So of course the later went to his underage 2nd son. Thankfully he only has a one county demnse, while my son just married the Queen of Hungary, so that Kingdom should be reabsorbed into the HRE in due time.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

One thing I like with the new options menu is the ability to set random provincial revolts to none or rare. I put mine to rare, as seems odd to never have them, as the standard frequency was always ridiculous. Only if you were small did they pose a potential problem - as a large state they were just tedium.

garbon

The new screen showing the blurb they give you when one ruler dies and the next starts up. What they didn't tell me in that blurb is while he'd win military victories and be the most prestigious ruler of Great Moravia, he'd also be a total lunatic who imagined himself to be a werewolf.

Finally had the Cthulhu event series. Now known as a Godslayer.

Zanza

Playing a game as Halfdan Whiteshirt, conquering England and some provinces of Scotland and Wales.

I cuckolded my own son and when he found out, I could duel him. I would have gotten the Kinslayer trait though, so I did not kill him.

I currently have the option to create a new kingdom and I am still 4 or 5 provinces away from creating England. Is there any downside to a hand-made kingdom like that...? Should I wait for England?

I could also subjugate my brother to the north. Hmm.

garbon

The downside is that no territories are dejure when you form your own kingdom. Doesn't matter though I don't think as you can then just later form England.

Zanza

Having two kingdom titles might suck under Gavelkind though...?

garbon

Quote from: Zanza on September 03, 2016, 01:27:35 PM
Having two kingdom titles might suck under Gavelkind though...?

That's true. Of course, you will run into that soon enough at some point as presumably you'll pick up Scotland or Wales...even just the territory will eventually lead you to a split as titles that you own enough land to create (but haven't) get created for one of your heirs.

Zanza

Apparently the duchies you fully control go over to the new kingdom as de jure duchies... so my kingdom of Jorvik consists of York, East Anglia, Northumbria and Cornwall and Wales and England lost territory. Although I don't understand why Cornwall was included but my Scottish duchies weren't.  :huh: That will make Gavelkind a pain in the ass. I consider to convert to Christianity if the chance comes around to get other inheritance laws.  :pope:

garbon

Oh interesting. I wouldn't saying converting to Christianity is worth it unless you want to. Just plan on taking back the kingdom thathe splits away.

Agelastus

Quote from: Zanza on September 04, 2016, 03:18:50 AM
Apparently the duchies you fully control go over to the new kingdom as de jure duchies... so my kingdom of Jorvik consists of York, East Anglia, Northumbria and Cornwall and Wales and England lost territory. Although I don't understand why Cornwall was included but my Scottish duchies weren't.  :huh:

If I'm remembering my shields correctly (it's been a few months since I've played) it looks like Scotland exists in your game but England and Wales don't - maybe you can't rip Duchies from existing kingdoms but only ones that exist in potentia?
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

dps

Quote from: garbon on September 04, 2016, 03:20:32 AM
Oh interesting. I wouldn't saying converting to Christianity is worth it unless you want to. Just plan on taking back the kingdom thathe splits away.

Well, he wants to get out of gavelkind, and he's going to have a hard time trying to reform Germanic from where he is, so going Christian is probably his best bet.

garbon

Quote from: dps on September 04, 2016, 09:55:52 AM
Quote from: garbon on September 04, 2016, 03:20:32 AM

Well, he wants to get out of gavelkind, and he's going to have a hard time trying to reform Germanic from where he is, so going Christian is probably his best bet.

Sorry, I meant at that moment. Still fairly early, I'd say, to be converting to Christianity. Gavelkind is annoying but manageable so I wouldn't say it is so critical to avoid it early on.

Phillip V

Playing as Leon, does it matter if and when I convert my culture from Visigothic to Castilian?