News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solmyr

Habsburgs: You must marry your aunt instead.

Syt

r/CursaderKings: You didn't marry your sister-daughter who is also a horse?  :x
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josephus

I'm a young, unmarried queen of England.
Apparently at some function some old dude is trying to have his way with me.
One of the options I get is "display more cleavage".  :lol:
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Habbaku

Major Major Major Major to declare support soon.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Josephus

Quote from: Habbaku on September 03, 2019, 10:21:41 AM
Major Major Major Major to declare support soon.

Nice Catch 22 reference
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Habbaku

I should've run with Maior Maior Maior Maior to stay on theme.  :sleep:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

saskganesh

This is free on steam, and it actually seems to run on my current ubuntu drive rig. So yay.

Forgot about the Pdox learning curve. New interface, menus, art, lots of new rules. I wonder how long it will take to get myself up to speed. My first hour of gaming was mostly spent on ... pause.  Gripping.
humans were created in their own image

saskganesh

Playing Leon. Married my Aragonese Cousin. She's lazy and content, and she just gave me a daughter. Wife is very happy. I imprisoned my sister, who was plotting against me and made an annoying vassal my court jester, just to piss him off.

Josephus

Quote from: saskganesh on October 25, 2019, 06:29:02 AM
Playing Leon. Married my Aragonese Cousin. She's lazy and content, and she just gave me a daughter. Wife is very happy. I imprisoned my sister, who was plotting against me and made an annoying vassal my court jester, just to piss him off.

See...you learned in a few hours
Civis Romanus Sum

saskganesh

lol. Well. Everything is domestic. Got a son, and my marshal started a plot to kill him. Well. I imprisoned him too. And then revoked my sister's title. Thinking I might marry her off to a loyalist, so her life is not complete misery.

My brothers in Leon and Castille have fought small border wars with the Muzlims, but I don't know if or how I should get involved. I don't feel ready for war. (My vassals agree, I think)

Meanwhile, I see Hardrata is K of England. Wish I could have seen that do down.

jimmy olsen

Started playing that last Karling game again, the one where I became King of Lothringia and surprisingly became HRE. I realized that this elective system is easy mode because the archbishops count as 2 votes if you use papal investiture and they're much cheaper to bribe than vassal kings or megadukes.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

dps

Quote from: saskganesh on October 25, 2019, 04:58:05 PM
And then revoked my sister's title. Thinking I might marry her off to a loyalist, so her life is not complete misery.

Proper, historically accurate thing would be to make her take the vows and become a nun.  CKII meme thing would be to take the seduction focus and make her your lover.