News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

This animal kingdom nonsense sure excites people more than it's healthy. But the DLC as a whole seems by far the best they have done in a long while, and the main selling points are actual improvements on historical aspects, unlike their recent offerings.

And Tim, there's absolutely no achievement in conquering everything in sight with the HRE :P Empires are ridicolusly stable in CK2.

Syt

The election mechanics get changed in the new add on, and I think they also changed the Byzantium succession? Might change things up a bit.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

Quote from: Syt on November 13, 2018, 05:31:18 AM
The election mechanics get changed in the new add on, and I think they also changed the Byzantium succession? Might change things up a bit.

And the Crusades get more involved, and there'll be coronations and saints. A lot of things they got inspiration from the major mods to put it mildly, but that's ok.

I'll be returning to playing vanilla CK2 instead of mods with this DLC after years.

Habbaku

I just want a game called Crusader Kings to have functioning Crusades. If they can fix those, I'll play a duck.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

Quote from: Habbaku on November 13, 2018, 11:53:21 AM
I just want a game called Crusader Kings to have functioning Crusades. If they can fix those, I'll play a duck.

I can't handle the pointy wings?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Solmyr

Quote from: Habbaku on November 13, 2018, 11:53:21 AM

Will it be the Duck of Burgundy?

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Oexmelin

Que le grand cric me croque !

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Agelastus

Beware The Duck of Taunton!
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

jimmy olsen

Continuing my HRE game with the previous patch, I've hit a snag. Eloi the Great was bashed in the head and made incapable. Reigned at least ten years with a regent and had like 3 or 4 heirs murdered out from under me. Just inherited with an Emeperess who was previously Queen of Castile and Syria. Was lucky in that since I paused immediately I had one day without a regent and was able to give out a ton of titles to different folks without objection.

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Mongols are starting to look a bit threatening

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Nubia conquered in a crusade, a claimant put on the throne of Hungary, while vassals conquer Mesopotamia.

1 Karma Chameleon point