News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

The Hammer became brave and obtained a relic of St. John the Baptist increasing his stats even further. As for territory, only a few gains around the margin. Did win a rather large Civil War and stripped a bunch of inherited titles so I can now give them out as Viceroyalties. Unfortunately in my Holy War on Damascus, the Sultan chose to convert rather than go down fighting, so that war ended prematurely. Not too surprising though given that Sunni moral authority has collapsed into the single digits. The Shia hold Mecca and they've lost nearly everything west of Baghdad, with the exception of Morroco. Counties are converting to Yazdi all over the place.

Note the year. I recently invaded and conquered Rome days after the 3rd Crusade ended in success!  :nelson:

The great Alexios the Hammer has passed from Camp Fever and Scurvy. His son Nikephoros IV is somehow an even greater general than he, but worse at everything else. Hopefully I can improve that with the Ruler focus. Currently fabricating claims on Jerusalem. Once taken I will able to heal the Schism. Oh, my eldest son is a genius! Yay

The Mongols have arrived with 130,000 men and they've converted to Buddhism. They're currently at war with Olas over Cummania.

I've captured Jerusalem and am just waiting until I hit the 2000 piety requirement to mend the schism. I'm currently allied to the HRE. Their Emporer has been excommunicated which is why he's at war with Scotland and Denmark. I've expanded into Armenia and Georgia a bit. Egypt conquered that last hold out province in N. Africa and has expanded southward a bit.

Have conquered the Duchy of Mesopotamia since then and given the Knights of the Holy Sepulcher a castle in Nikea. Piety is almost 1800 but my guy's paranoia has blossomed into insanity. Meh
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Zanza

Has anybody played with Monks and Mystics? Is it a fun addition to the game?

dps

Quote from: Zanza on March 26, 2017, 05:20:31 AM
Has anybody played with Monks and Mystics? Is it a fun addition to the game?

I haven't.  It sounds so awful (though perhaps not as awful as Reaper's Due) that I'm certainly not spending money on it.

Grinning_Colossus

Devil-worshiping is fun the first time but probably not worth keeping turned on in the long run. Hermeticism is good for a tech boost if you stick with it intergenerationally. The others are worth it... if you like piety or need to become celibate. 
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

Razgovory

It's a shame that Marty isn't here anymore.  Hermeticism is his religion.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

jimmy olsen

Playing with Reaper's Due. I like it.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Archy

I especially like the mortality with reaper's due. Much more realistic.
For the first time ever I had a dynasty die out after about 150 years of playthrough.
I should try the muslims again I think it will make them better playable again, killing off all those sidebranch males of your dynasty getting decadence and after a certain size you can't get decandence low anymore

Valmy

I really liked the disease focus of Reaper's Due but I really hated the focus on doctors being such an essential part of the court and learning being tied to competence. Medicine was not an academic discipline back in this era, especially considering learning is kind of meant to mean theological knowledge in the context of the game. So always trying to find that learned theologian to treat my pneumonia is kind of silly.

But I always thought disease was weak sauce in CK before so I think this is overall a good addition.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

I've basically resigned to not using often (if ever) the various medical features. Then it is just more perilous trying to maintain a dynasty.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

Despite going mad, Nikephoros the Strong is now known as Nikephoros the Saint, for he has mended the schism between the East and the West. Islam is under siege on all fronts. IIRC Orthodox Christianity is up to around 500 provinces, while Catholicism is in the 150s, and Hinduism and Sunni Islam are both in the 140s with Hinduism having just passed the Sunnis into third place. Buddhism has valuted into the high 90s with the conquests of the Mongols.

The current emperor is a genius, as is his first born son and his second daughter. His first daughter is inbred unfortunately.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Caliga

I am starting a new CK2 game for the first time in a long time.

I will be playing as: al-Mansur.  Lol can I be: Calphiate
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on April 19, 2017, 01:55:15 PM
I am starting a new CK2 game for the first time in a long time.

I will be playing as: al-Mansur.  Lol can I be: Calphiate

I don't think you have to ask permission if you already are :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

Zanza

One of my most fun games was to start as the Abbasid caliph under the Seljuks in the 1066 scenario. Your goal must be to reconquer the entire Arab Empire (plus Persia for good measure).

Caliga

I'm doing the Charlemagne start date.  I figure I'll be trying to reunify the Muslim world and then going after the Byzantines.