News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Zanza on September 03, 2016, 12:20:55 PM

Playing a game as Halfdan Whiteshirt, conquering England and some provinces of Scotland and Wales.

I cuckolded my own son and when he found out, I could duel him. I would have gotten the Kinslayer trait though, so I did not kill him.

I currently have the option to create a new kingdom and I am still 4 or 5 provinces away from creating England. Is there any downside to a hand-made kingdom like that...? Should I wait for England?

I could also subjugate my brother to the north. Hmm.

Martial 27!? That's equal to Subutai! I don't really think the two men were on the same level.  :lol:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

dps

Quote from: Phillip V on September 04, 2016, 05:58:33 PM
Playing as Leon, does it matter if and when I convert my culture from Visigothic to Castilian?

Not really, for the most part.  Just as a rule of thumb, change culture when you have more Castilian counties than Visigothic counties--which might be never.

garbon

Wow, Tim, it's almost like Whiteshirt doesn't have a Base of that high.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: garbon on September 05, 2016, 02:11:17 AM
Wow, Tim, it's almost like Whiteshirt doesn't have a Base of that high.

Neither is Subutai's
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Zanza

Halfdan starts with 21 and a base of 7, Subutai starts with 29 and a base of 10. Ivar the Boneless actually starts with 24, which is just two short of Ghingis Khan himself.

When you get the berserker trait, you can get above 30 with Halfdan. ;)

The featured characters per scenario often have very high stats, so that it is fun to play with them. Makes sense from a scenario setup perspective for Paradox.

Josquius

Then he gets hit on the head against 200 rebels and lies comatose for two decades
██████
██████
██████

garbon

QuoteHello all, it's time for another CK2 development diary. We're still working on making 2.6.2, and while of course there's some bugfixing going on, for the most part we're just adding bonus content. Which is fun!

We are working in a strict priority order, so naturally the first thing to be added was more pet events:

<_<
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

The other thing, that I didn't show, was additional supernatural events - screenshot of one that references The Seventh Seal.

celedhring

It's like they are coming up with April Fools jokes and releasing them for real.

Zanza

Reaper's Due has surprisingly good reviews on Steam.

garbon

Presumably a purchaser would like what it has on offer.

Tamas

Since the patch improved performance so much, I have ended up buying the expansion.

You can turn off the supernatural idiocy, and I can stomach the court physician silliness I have encountered so far. In exchange diseases work better and more interesting.

But, worth noting that despite all that I was quickly getting bored with the game, no wonder after so many years I guess. But the performance improvement has allowed me to actually play the HIP mod. Makes the game much better.

Zanza

I started a game as the Abbasids in the 1066 scenario. You are down to a duchy with 3 demesne provinces and 3 vassals. One of your demesne provinces and all your vassals are wrong religion too. You are a vassal to the Seljuk sultan and a neighbor of the powerful Egyptian Fatimids. The goal is to become an emperor again, either of Arabia or Persia. At first it is possible to expand within the Seljuk empire, but I grabbed the first chance to become independent. At that point of time, I already ruled most of Mesopotamia.

Start position:

After about fifty years with lots of wars, the Abbasids are rulers of Mesopotamia and most of Persia. The Seljuks still have the Kingdom of Syria which holds lands around me and creates terrible border gore.

dps

Quote from: Tamas on September 06, 2016, 01:52:27 PM
Since the patch improved performance so much, I have ended up buying the expansion.

I don't quite understand the logic there.  You get the improved performance with the patch without paying for the crappy ideas implemented in the expansion.

QuoteYou can turn off the supernatural idiocy, and I can stomach the court physician silliness I have encountered so far. In exchange diseases work better and more interesting.

From the descriptions I've read of the "physician silliness", I don't think I could stomach it.