News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

You'll be THE MAN (Fylkir) if you reform the religion.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

Quote from: garbon on May 14, 2014, 03:01:51 PM
I believe that you are able to hold that title (the Norse one) so you could be THE MAN.

Sneaking a response in on the following page. Bad style!
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

I believe that you are able to hold that title (the Norse one) so you could be THE MAN.
This changes everything. :showoff:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Maximus

I just had a war end inconclusively(casus belli no longer valid). It was a press claim war and I still have the claim, so I don't see how it could become invalid?

jimmy olsen

Did the enemy King die?

I just beat the Il Khanate, though I do admit reloading. I completely underestimated how many troops they had.  :blush:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

ulmont

Quote from: Maximus on May 14, 2014, 10:34:05 PM
I just had a war end inconclusively(casus belli no longer valid). It was a press claim war and I still have the claim, so I don't see how it could become invalid?

Title holder died.  You should be able to re-DOW now.

Maximus

I checked the title holder. He was still alive and had held that title for over 30 years.

Similar thing with his liege.

I can re-dow and at least now the claim is inheritable, but irritating as that war had lasted almost 7 years.

Caliga

Quote from: Caliga on May 14, 2014, 03:26:15 PM
This changes everything. :showoff:
I've decided to stay pagan for now but will stop being so mean to Christians.  No more blood sacrifices, raping, and pillaging. :)

I am now King of England and gradually reducing Wessex... just conquered Worcestershire from them.  They still hold the south, including London, but Devon is independent and I had conquered Cornwall a generation prior.

What's pretty neat is that I have very aggressive northern vassals who have almost entirely conquered Scotland and are now working on completing the conquest of Ireland... all of which are Ivarings.  So the Ivaring dynasty dominates the British Isles.  There's an independent King of Lothian between my Scottish vassals and me, but he's also an Ivaring, and he just finished conquering Strathclyde.

Caliga

Question:  I don't own the Jew DLC.  Should I buy it if I'm playing as a Norse Pagan King of England?  Will it do anything for my game, really?

Note:  I have never had any interest in playing any ruler east of the Elbe River or so, not counting the Byzantine Emperor.

garbon

SoA has little to do with Jews, hence many people were disappointed on how little focus it put on them.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

Quote from: garbon on May 16, 2014, 11:55:37 AM
SoA has little to do with Jews, hence many people were disappointed on how little focus it put on them.
:hmm: Will it allow me to conduct pogroms?

Liep

You can expel the Jewry, but I don't know if that's a SoA feature.

Caliga

I wouldn't do any of that anyway... I love The Tribe. :wub:

Valmy

You will be tempted.  You borrow a bunch of money from them and then boot them out instead of pay it back.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."