Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on October 27, 2011, 01:56:45 AM
Quote from: garbon on October 27, 2011, 01:01:20 AM
Quote from: Martinus on October 27, 2011, 12:45:01 AM
This must be one of the most useless, boring Languish discussions.

A whole 3 pages? Yeah not buying it.  Besides, I'd rather talk about technology in the middles ages than your whore of the month.

It's not a discussion about technology in the middle ages. It's a tedious discussion about a secondary game feature. There is no discussion about technology in middle ages, because it's people who know about technology in middle ages telling you the facts and you responding in your typical bitchy mode which shows both your ignorance and general lack of social skills.

:huh:

I think several of us all agreed with what Viking had to say.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

Hey that looks like the Balts and the Cumans are actually different religions this time.  That is good I was so tired of seeing all the Balts and Finns swear allegiance to the Khan of the Cumans.

The poor Russians always had to fight on two fronts against the Pagan Empire.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Viking

Quote from: Martinus on October 27, 2011, 01:56:45 AM

It's not a discussion about technology in the middle ages. It's a tedious discussion about a secondary game feature. There is no discussion about technology in middle ages, because it's people who know about technology in middle ages telling you the facts and you responding in your typical bitchy mode which shows both your ignorance and general lack of social skills.

I think we've been pretty consistent that the idea of technological progress did not exist during the middle ages. We seem to agree that tech progress in the game should be pretty much random with actions and events should effect it in some way.

We've discussed the middle ages and the economical, political and religious forces driving European history from the late roman empire to the start of the renaissance. This issue has been hashed through almost as completely as the Palestine-Israel issue has been here.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Razgovory

Quote from: Syt on October 27, 2011, 08:36:04 AM
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/10/27/sons-of-monarchy-crusader-kings-ii/

Has an hour of gameplay video courtesy of Johan.

It's like watching a game being played from the bottom of a well.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

Did they say why? I don't have anything against steam but...why?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Viking

Quote from: garbon on November 13, 2011, 12:50:54 PM

Fixes the piracy problem and allows for unconcious patching.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

garbon

Tamas

Quote from: Viking on November 13, 2011, 12:57:17 PM
Quote from: garbon on November 13, 2011, 12:50:54 PM

Fixes the piracy problem and allows for unconcious patching.

The patching thing is valid, the piracy is not. Steam games are routinely cracked and pirated out in the world.

Viking

well, given that Paradox has NO piracy protection apart from limited access to betapatches, STEAM at least has some piracy protection.

garbon

You say that like it is a good thing...

Viking

Quote from: garbon on November 13, 2011, 01:45:46 PM
You say that like it is a good thing...

are you referring to the lack or the presence of piracy protection?

garbon

That steam would give them some presence. I don't really see the point of introducing piracy protections as they are ridiculous simple for pirates to get around and seem to only serve to induce lawful customers to commit unethical and/or illegal acts.

Josquius

Piracy protection is useless. No matter how 'good' it is the pirates always crack it and people download the game if they feel like it anyway.
██████
██████
██████