News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

China's Brue Ocean naval developments

Started by CountDeMoney, March 21, 2011, 06:18:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 23, 2011, 08:33:36 AM
Well, I'm teaching them English, not Spanish so even if that's true I don't see what the Latin R has to do with anything.
:frusty:

Asians don't confuse L with the American R because the American R is an alien sound to them.  They confuse L with their own R, which is pronounced in the front of the mouth.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Jacob on March 23, 2011, 06:20:02 PM
Tim, you are ignorant and wrong.
Could you be more specific?

I have lots of friends from all parts of the country and while vowel pronunciation and cadence varies quite a bit from region to region, the R sounds the same when spoken.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Caliga

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 23, 2011, 06:29:18 PM
Ching chong, bing bong. Me love you long time GI joe! 2 dolla!
:hug: I no boom boom with soul brother!
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

Quote from: Caliga on March 22, 2011, 07:43:52 AM
Her broken English - Tank-yu haa gu-naa.

:lol:  That's every Chinese restaurant owner.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 23, 2011, 06:31:42 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 23, 2011, 08:33:36 AM
Well, I'm teaching them English, not Spanish so even if that's true I don't see what the Latin R has to do with anything.
:frusty:

Asians don't confuse L with the American R because the American R is an alien sound to them.  They confuse L with their own R, which is pronounced in the front of the mouth.

So their "R" is not the same as our R.  Wouldn't that mean that our R is an alien sound to them?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall