Native American youth suicide crisis baffles families

Started by jimmy olsen, March 21, 2011, 01:13:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Monoriu on March 21, 2011, 11:19:54 PM
:huh:

Yeah I am serious.  I myself firmly believe that it is crazy to commit suicide.  But I also see that suicide could be a rational decision from another person's point of view. 

So there's no actual truth, just whatever we each make of it?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

ulmont

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

At any rate, I think it seems very odd to assume that a person who commits suicide was thinking rationally rather than they had lost perspective.

dps

Quote from: Monoriu on March 21, 2011, 11:10:09 PM
Quote from: DGuller on March 21, 2011, 10:20:50 PM
Because suicides are a major mental health problem?  Or because people deciding to kill themselves are rarely making a rational decision, and are usually suffering from a mental issue impacting their decision-making?  I swear, Mono, sometimes your shtick crosses form being amusing to being offensively inhumane.

Is it really our place to judge whether another human being is making a rational decision? 

Fuck yeah.