News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Why is there no looting in Japan?

Started by Slargos, March 15, 2011, 12:35:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

I have admired the Japanese queues and orderly panic-stricken 'traffic jams'.

I think Mono's probably right and I'd say it's probably the cohesion and sense of togethernes, that people have said has held Japan's economy back, that's helped and will help in their response.
Let's bomb Russia!

jimmy olsen

Japan's emperor makes a public address.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/mar/16/japan-emperor-nuclear-fears

The Earthquake situation has developed not necessarily to Japan's advantage. :(
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Syt on March 16, 2011, 02:46:10 AM
What a commuter's paradise. :weep:
It's also considered good manners to feel up any women you're squashed next to. :)

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Admiral Yi

Not really good manners, but it's not that unusual for attractive women to get pelvic exams during rush hour.

You've never heard about this?

Ed Anger

BBC reports Anime convention canceled. At least one good thing happened in this shitstorm.

Too bad the convention didn't get a killing dose of rads and nobody else.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

@Yi I've seen an article or two yeah, but is this like accepted behavior there?

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Caliga on March 16, 2011, 07:07:11 AM
@Yi I've seen an article or two yeah, but is this like accepted behavior there?
People rarely go to the police over anything short of murder/grand larceny. You're supposed to suffer in silence and fix your own problems.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Caliga

Ok, if I ever get laid off my next job will be teaching Engrish to the Japanese. :cool:

Ed Anger

I want to use those panty vending machines.

grumbler

I thought even Slargos had conceded that his was a boring a stupid schtick that needed replacing.  Why is he posting more epic fail when even he knows better, and why are people responding to it when even they know better?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Caliga

Quote from: grumbler on March 16, 2011, 08:24:09 AM
I thought even Slargos had conceded that his was a boring a stupid schtick that needed replacing.  Why is he posting more epic fail when even he knows better, and why are people responding to it when even they know better?
Boredom?

grumbler

Quote from: Caliga on March 16, 2011, 08:36:00 AM
Boredom?
Yes, and more boring as it progresses.  there are a few flashes of amusing petulance, but that's about it.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Ed Anger

We will all have a jolly laugh when he bones a mud person and has a mud baby.

Brazen

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 16, 2011, 08:07:00 AM
I want to use those panty vending machines.
For five quid I'll send you a pair of mine. Saves on laundry.