FOOD ADVICE REQUIRED. GIVE ADVICE! OBEY! OBEY! OBEY!!!!

Started by Darth Wagtaros, March 16, 2011, 07:11:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Wagtaros

I am having a To Do on Saturday this and am making food.  Thus far I am makign some badass mac and cheese (rotini since I couldn't find whole wheat elbow), I bought about 10 pounds of chicken tenderloin which I wil lmake at least three different flavors and put them on skewers, a veggie platter, and one person is bringing a mystery food.  Plus cake.

Should I make small meatballs too? I have some frozen meat that I'd like to get out of the fridge, and some leftover red sauce.  Don't wanna go overboard and have too many leftovers.  But some of it, like the beef and veal and red sauce are already taking up space. 
PDH!

Eddie Teach

Why are you asking us, we have no idea how much your friends will eat.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Darth Wagtaros

Why the fuck not?  10-15 people.  Some won't like mac and cheese, others may love it.  Variety. Or something.  Just make something up.
PDH!

Ed Anger

You could always get a bag or two of those Tyson meatballs. Dump them and the sauce into a saucepan and heat. Get some hot dog buns and cheese and volia! Cheapo subs.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

sbr

Absolutely you should make meatballs, I can't believe you even had the nerve to ask.  :mad:

Strix

I'd suggest making a dip. You can find an easy one on the web for a hot dip that is basically cream cheese, bacon, cheddar cheese, and some worcestershire sauce. It makes a nice hot dip for bread. A Beau Monde Dip is easy to make and looks nice when placed in a hollowed out bread bowl.

You can buy a chip dip but the two I mentioned are easy to make and taste good.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Martinus

Mac and cheese? Are you friends still in high school?

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Grey Fox

Quote from: Caliga on March 17, 2011, 05:07:43 AM
Quote from: Martinus on March 17, 2011, 02:14:01 AM
:lol: I was thinking the same thing.
:huh:

It's a southern dish, you should know Caliger.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 17, 2011, 05:55:37 AM
Quote from: Caliga on March 17, 2011, 05:07:43 AM
Quote from: Martinus on March 17, 2011, 02:14:01 AM
:lol: I was thinking the same thing.
:huh:

It's a southern dish, you should know Caliger.

He is just a carpetbagger.  They probably don't serve it at his local choke and puke.
PDH!

Admiral Yi

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points