News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Started by Caliga, March 12, 2011, 08:08:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

You started throwing barrels at him? Is this Deus Ex or Donkey Kong?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

FunkMonk

The DK reference came to me as I was typing the post but yeah, I threw barrels and gas tanks at the first boss and he exploded.   :yeah:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Tamas

For anyone who have been anxiously waiting on this before purchase:

I have played through the game, and it receives my seal of approval.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tamas

Quote from: The Brain on September 02, 2011, 01:26:58 PM
Bummer. :(

:lol:

I have forgotten where this totally baseless shtick is coming from.

LaCroix

Quote from: Tamas on September 02, 2011, 01:28:51 PM

vanguard (though i LOVED it too), elemental, etc..

Tamas

Quote from: LaCroix on September 02, 2011, 01:32:48 PM
Quote from: Tamas on September 02, 2011, 01:28:51 PM

vanguard (though i LOVED it too), elemental, etc..

Elemental?!!! I hated it from the moment I tried open beta, and wasn't silent about it.

LaCroix

weren't you buzzing all over it when you first made the thread? that's what the people remember :)

Tamas

Quote from: LaCroix on September 02, 2011, 01:58:18 PM
weren't you buzzing all over it when you first made the thread? that's what the people remember :)

hell no. It was Josq or somebody with a similar nick, who started accusing me with that shit :P

Elemental is a shame for its devs not because it sucks in a major way, but because they took their fans for fools during open beta, with the blatant lies of a "secret closed beta ubersupercool version". I was arguing this very thing before the game was out, against Syt and maybe others who hoped the Stardock devs weren't cheesy liars. :contract:

Syt

Started playing, just entered the streets of Detroit and started a few side quests.

Apparently, Montreal has a baseball team again in 2027, because in Sarif's office a broadcast of Detroit vs. Montreal is shown on screen. (The game was done by Eidos Montreal.) :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Razgovory

Quote from: Syt on September 03, 2011, 01:27:57 PM
Started playing, just entered the streets of Detroit and started a few side quests.

Apparently, Montreal has a baseball team again in 2027, because in Sarif's office a broadcast of Detroit vs. Montreal is shown on screen. (The game was done by Eidos Montreal.) :P

The visiting team would have to pitch in French.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

I've played it a bit and you know...it just isn't doing it for me.
I guess I just don't have the time/patience for stealthy save and load athons.
Nonetheless I'm being drawn back...
anyone have any idea where to find the hostages? :s
██████
██████
██████

Syt

In the first big hall after the storage area there's an air duct on the bottom right corner that takes you right to them. You'll need to disable a bomb when you get there or you'll be gassed.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Queequeg

Finished it in two days.  Amazing.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."