And we're back!

Main Menu

So...whats new in strategy games?

Started by Josquius, March 08, 2011, 10:50:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Anything (decent) at all?
Is Victoria 2 good yet?
Anyone tried the distant worlds expansion?
██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

Age of Empires Online is in Closed Beta.

:P
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

The Minsky Moment

Vic 2 - latest beta patch needs to be fixed up.  Pricing model is way off.  Work is underway, ETA unknown.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on March 08, 2011, 07:22:39 PM
Vic 2 - latest beta patch needs to be fixed up.  Pricing model is way off.  Work is underway, ETA unknown.

So a fully fixed Victoria 2 is always just over the horizon?
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

JonasSalk

Just gotta wait for Vicky 3, I guess.
Yuman

Slargos

Quote from: Tyr on March 08, 2011, 10:50:23 AM
Anything (decent) at all?
Is Victoria 2 good yet?
Anyone tried the distant worlds expansion?

Game makes my brain hurt.

I'm sure there's a great title in there somewhere, but I can't coax it out.

HisMajestyBOB

I've gone back to EUIII, still playing HttT but I'm going to try some new mods. I really want a Magna Mundi lite type mod. MM itself has gotten far too complicated and filled with annoying features (e.g. the piracy system), but vanilla is too boring. So far MEIOU looks interesting, but it has some glaring bugs. Either that, or I screwed up when installing it.

SRI looks pretty much like MM-lite, but most of the emphasis is on the HRE.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on March 08, 2011, 08:55:53 PM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on March 08, 2011, 07:22:39 PM

So a fully fixed Victoria 2 is always just over the horizon?

"Fully fixed" == probably well beyond that.

There does seems to have been some real progress with beta 1.3 though other than the botched pricing implementation.  Once the full release is out and the modders have a chance to play around with it for a couple months, I am going to give it another go.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

HisMajestyBOB

Sigh...

"What is the horizon?"

"An imaginary line where the sky comes together with the earth; it moves off into the distance when you try to get closer. "

:P

The Minsky Moment

New V2 beta patch release today claiming to fix the pricing problems and a few other glitches.  So far only limited feedback so will wait and see . . .

Meanwhile there have been official suggestions of an expansion to be released by the end of the year.    <_<
--Joan Robinson