News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Hungarian Politics

Started by Tamas, March 09, 2011, 01:25:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duque de Bragança

http://derstandard.at/2000002352600/Ungarische-RechtsextremeFPOe-und-FN-sind-zionistische-Parteien

QuoteRechtsextreme Jobbik: FPÖ und FN sind "zionistische Parteien"

No need for extensive German skills for this one. FN and FPÖ are "zionist parties" (pro-israeli) according to the Hungarian extreme-right wing party Jobbik. Guess that settles the debate I had with Tamas about comparing Jobbik to FN. :)

PS : Before you go all Dieudonné/Soral/quenelle on me, I really don't think Jobbik meant pro-zionist in the sense of being extreme-right wing à la Liberman or even hard-Likud, Netanyahu and stuff.

Solmyr

So I assume re-establishment of Austria-Hungary is not on the cards?

Valmy

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on June 26, 2014, 07:02:37 PM
PS : Before you go all Dieudonné/Soral/quenelle no me, I really don't think Jobbik meant pro-zionist in the sense of being extreme-right wing à la Liberman or even hard-Likud, Netanyahu and stuff.

Since when did anti-Semitism have anything to do with the faults of actual Jews?  I mean I am beyond exasperated with the idiocy of the religious Zionist nutcases in Israel but my God if I say anything besides they are the worst people in the world nutters freak out.  They are far from the worst people in their geographic region much less in the world.  I would rather live next to settlers under Israeli occupation than live in a lot of places in the Middle East.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Tamas

Hungarian far-rightism is a direct descendant of the WW2 era far-rightism due to various reasons, chief among them is that Hungary hasn't had muslim immigration en masse (next to nothing, really). So nothing triggering a "enemy of my enemy is a friend" stance for Israel/the jews.

But these parties are similar and play the same role in their respective countries. Just because they disagree on some of the targets of their idiocy, is hardly a proof against that.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Tamas on June 27, 2014, 08:31:44 AM
Hungarian far-rightism is a direct descendant of the WW2 era far-rightism due to various reasons, chief among them is that Hungary hasn't had muslim immigration en masse (next to nothing, really). So nothing triggering a "enemy of my enemy is a friend" stance for Israel/the jews.

But these parties are similar and play the same role in their respective countries. Just because they disagree on some of the targets of their idiocy, is hardly a proof against that.

By this criterion, then they are still different since the FN role is to weaken the right-wing vote (Mitterrand manoeuvre) though it backfired recently. Besides, Jews/"Zionists" are hardly a mere detail in the French extreme right-wing descending from WWII. The extreme-right wing sourced from the Algerian war, perhaps.

As for the FPÖ being "zionist"  :lol:

Valmy

The French Extreme Right Wing descends from Boulangism, the anti-Dreyfusards, and l'Action française.  Though I guess the later two are pretty much the same thing.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on June 27, 2014, 08:43:39 AM
As for the FPÖ being "zionist"  :lol:

Their goal is the creation and maintenance of a Jewish homeland in the Middle East?  For such a goal pretty much achieved over 60 years ago it is amazing how many are still devoted to this cause.

I, personally, am an advocate for the creation of an internal combustion engine.  I have a huge international conspiracy to help me achieve this goal.

The Larch

Hey Tamas, it seems that you made the right choice leaving Hungary.

QuoteOrban Says He Seeks to End Liberal Democracy in Hungary

Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban said he wants to abandon liberal democracy in favor of an "illiberal state," citing Russia and Turkey as examples.

The global financial crisis in 2008 showed that "liberal democratic states can't remain globally competitive," Orban said on July 26 at a retreat of ethnic Hungarian leaders in Baile Tusnad, Romania.

"I don't think that our European Union membership precludes us from building an illiberal new state based on national foundations," Orban said, according to the video of his speech on the government's website. He listed Russia, Turkey and China as examples of "successful" nations, "none of which is liberal and some of which aren't even democracies."

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-07-28/orban-says-he-seeks-to-end-liberal-democracy-in-hungary.html

Tamas

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tamas

Quote from: The Brain on July 29, 2014, 06:12:05 AM
Hungary. :mmm:

It will be like Russia, except EU citizens can visit it without a visa!

For now.

Syt

Quote from: The Larch on July 29, 2014, 06:01:28 AM
He listed Russia, Turkey [...] as examples of "successful" nations

Good use of quotation marks. Nice way to aim low, too, in the potential vs. results department.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Norgy

Quote from: The Larch on July 29, 2014, 06:01:28 AM
Hey Tamas, it seems that you made the right choice leaving Hungary.

QuoteOrban Says He Seeks to End Liberal Democracy in Hungary

Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban said he wants to abandon liberal democracy in favor of an "illiberal state," citing Russia and Turkey as examples.

The global financial crisis in 2008 showed that "liberal democratic states can't remain globally competitive," Orban said on July 26 at a retreat of ethnic Hungarian leaders in Baile Tusnad, Romania.

"I don't think that our European Union membership precludes us from building an illiberal new state based on national foundations," Orban said, according to the video of his speech on the government's website. He listed Russia, Turkey and China as examples of "successful" nations, "none of which is liberal and some of which aren't even democracies."

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-07-28/orban-says-he-seeks-to-end-liberal-democracy-in-hungary.html

It's like Orban's just had a bukkake party with Putin, Erdogan and Xi Yinping.

Norgy

I'm sure he'll get the other, non-liberal brand instead, Tamas.  :hug: