News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Hungarian Politics

Started by Tamas, March 09, 2011, 01:25:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on March 13, 2013, 05:27:09 PM
Didn't Augustus try something like that? I don't think it worked.

I think his baby making and marriage policies worked better than the 'don't cheat on your spouse' ones.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Tamas

Trivia: the President today promoted the police general (or whatever the hell they have there) who is in charge of TEK, the counter-terrorist unit.

Moral of the story? It is worth declaring the area of the Presidental office a protected area and have it sealed off from the protesters who wanted the Prez to not sign the Amendment.

Meh. TEK is really Orban's personal bodyguard though. Chair of Parliament also has such a unit (now defined in the Constitution since the amendement). Wonder who else will have such units in the future. I guess with the rule of law slowly being destroyed, the prominents will need personally loyal armed men.

Tamas

Rumor is, the 5th (much smaller) amendment is in the works, which would make it forbidden to reveal how many Hungarian citizens there are outside the borders, to "protect their security". That's kind of an important data though, considering that masses of ethnic Hungarians have been granted citizenship AND voting rights. Having an unknown, but surely huge number of voters mail in votes no independent organization will ever see... That's a bit fishy.

Martinus

Martinus

Btw, the local PiS idiots here have a total boner for Orban.  :lol:

Fortunately, for everyone else it's the reason why we should NEVER EVER let PiS back to power again.

Tamas

Quote from: Martinus on March 21, 2013, 04:14:58 AM

Fortunately, for everyone else it's the reason why we should NEVER EVER let PiS back to power again.

PiSiots came here to celebrate the 15th of March with their Orban-lovers, except huge snowstorms cancelled the party. Nobody told the Polacks though. They could had been told the night before "lol poland dont hop on morning train, we are buried under snow", but they didn't.

Martinus

Quote from: Tamas on March 21, 2013, 04:17:14 AM

PiSiots came here to celebrate the 15th of March with their Orban-lovers, except huge snowstorms cancelled the party. Nobody told the Polacks though. They could had been told the night before "lol poland dont hop on morning train, we are buried under snow", but they didn't.

LOL yes, I heard about it. They are now saying that the government sabotaged their train so that they missed the celebration. :tinfoil:

Tamas

Quote from: Martinus on March 21, 2013, 04:42:25 AM
Quote from: Tamas on March 21, 2013, 04:17:14 AM

LOL yes, I heard about it. They are now saying that the government sabotaged their train so that they missed the celebration. :tinfoil:

but there was no celebration.  :huh:

in fact, Orban fled the scene even before the snow situation on "important business in Brussels" since he was probably afraid of demonstrations against the new amendment. So the Polacks would had missed their beloved leader anyways.

Tamas

FFS even on a "moderate right" Hungarian blog they make it a habit to explore the question of the jewish ancestry of the communist leaders. And then I am stupid enough to get into an argument with the nazis in the comment section.

It is sickening and ridicoulous at the same time, that a country with almost no jewish population, "jewish issues" dominate the everyday political talk.

Martinus

"Judeo-commune" (Zydo-komuna) (a claim that Jews hated good Polish/Hungarian/etc. Catholics so much, they became communist oopressors after the war) is the new blood libel in our part of Europe.

Incidentally, the more I read about pre-war and during-war Poland (numerus clausus, "school bench ghetto", aiding and abetting Holocaust etc.) the more I am convinced that if I was Jewish and alive in 1945, I would have sided with communists. Polish "patriots" were such a horrid bunch.

Neil

Quote from: Tamas on March 21, 2013, 03:16:14 AM
Rumor is, the 5th (much smaller) amendment is in the works, which would make it forbidden to reveal how many Hungarian citizens there are outside the borders, to "protect their security". That's kind of an important data though, considering that masses of ethnic Hungarians have been granted citizenship AND voting rights. Having an unknown, but surely huge number of voters mail in votes no independent organization will ever see... That's a bit fishy.
It sounds like an obvious attempt to stuff the ballot boxes.  A little too obvious to believe, but with that crowd I suppose there's no low they won't sink to.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Tamas on March 14, 2013, 10:48:41 AM
Trivia: the President today promoted the police general (or whatever the hell they have there) who is in charge of TEK, the counter-terrorist unit.

Now you can fight TEKWAR.

Tamas

Quote from: Martinus on March 21, 2013, 06:17:26 AM
"Judeo-commune" (Zydo-komuna) (a claim that Jews hated good Polish/Hungarian/etc. Catholics so much, they became communist oopressors after the war) is the new blood libel in our part of Europe.

Incidentally, the more I read about pre-war and during-war Poland (numerus clausus, "school bench ghetto", aiding and abetting Holocaust etc.) the more I am convinced that if I was Jewish and alive in 1945, I would have sided with communists. Polish "patriots" were such a horrid bunch.

Yeah that's sometimes my reaction. "you are surprised the jewish survivors of the "patriots" flocked to communism? really?"

also: Zydo? we learned the word for jew from slavs? (its "zsidó" here) Whats with the Kazars being jewish? We lived with them for, like, centuries.

Tamas

on second thought, maybe you learned from us!

The Larch

Quote from: Tamas on March 21, 2013, 03:16:14 AM

So the voting census is going to be a state secret or what?