News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Hungarian Politics

Started by Tamas, March 09, 2011, 01:25:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

So now knowing more details, it appears the excuse for Orban's outrage yesterday in Parliament (and "great" excuse for not talking about the destruction of last remaining checks and balances in our "democracy") was that the Energy Office's decision to lower energy prices by 10% in January -THE point in government success propaganda ever since-, got turned down by the court recently, after the energy companies complained that due to the extra taxes they also received in January made the price significantly lower than their cost. A price which was already lower than their costs, as far as private customers are concerned (so much for the OMG FOREIGN COMPANIES ARE ROBBERING TEH PEOPLES BLIND argument).

So, obviously, that would not bode well - the only "success" they could show in almost 3 years was something to make all communists proud, and now the legal system would take that away? UNHEARD OF!

So Orban had this speech about the "scandalous" court decision yesterday. Today one of his henchmen announced, that not only there will be more decrease to utility prices, but also that they will give the Energy Office the right to issue decrees, which, in turn, could not be challenged in front of a court, so the pesky problem of private companies seeking legal defense from ad-hoc political stunts destroying their livelihoods would be gone.

Valmy

So how are they going to get utilities to provide services for a loss? :hmm:

Physical violence?  :menace:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Tamas

Quote from: Valmy on March 12, 2013, 08:58:40 AM
So how are they going to get utilities to provide services for a loss? :hmm:

Physical violence?  :menace:

Well supposedly they are still good by charging extra to business, at least were. Incidently, Orban today mentioned that having expensive energy for business is unacceptable and they shall "fix" that as well.

Point is, I think, they are quite bent on making the private energy companies leave the country and sell everything back to them. I dont understand why they haven't done so already, allegedly the buyout price is pretty good as far as the worth of the infrastructure is concerned (altough I guess as part of the deal a portion of that must by given to state dignitaries greasing the deal), and it appears they won't see any kind of profit in the country for quite a while.

Then with state ownership, they will be free to return to the Kadar-ian measures of keeping living costs down from borrowed money.

Syt

Kinda funny, Germany has it the other way round: energy intensive industries are getting tax brakes on their energy bills. :lol:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

Yo Tamas, according to EUOT:

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?674586-Hungarian-constitutional-reform.
QuoteApparently unmarried citizens without children are now excluded from applying for certain public offices, and will have to pay an additional tax.

Is that true (the public office part)?  :huh:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Valmy

Wow...so Tamas do you know anybody good?  :ph34r:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Tamas

Quote from: Syt on March 12, 2013, 11:21:25 AM

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?674586-Hungarian-constitutional-reform.
QuoteApparently unmarried citizens without children are now excluded from applying for certain public offices, and will have to pay an additional tax.

havent heard of that. They already have tax breaks after children and such, and there were plans of decreasing the pensions of those who do not have any children when reaching retirement age, but I think those remained plans.

Tamas

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on March 13, 2013, 11:06:52 AM
Tamas, you'll love this post from one of my countrymen. :lol:

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?674586-Hungarian-constitutional-reform.&p=15166081&viewfull=1#post15166081

So taking complete control of the press is perfectly legitimate and democratic use of power if you win an election eh?  That is a pretty old school German right there.  I can almost hear him claiming East Germany/Nazi Germany is actually more democratic than the greedy grocers in the western liberal countries.

Tamas

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

The President has signed the Amendment.

I just saw his TV speech over it. Considering that he is a college budy of Orban, it was rather dramatic. Altough not saying it out loud, he made it perfectly clear that he disagrees with the amendment, but the consitution (what FIDESZ made) has a clear wording on amendments: "the President signs it". So that's that.

Of course it is just worthless rhetoric since he could have resigned instead of signing it, still I somewhat appreciate the dramatic tone of the whole announcement. He made it look and sound like it was a grave sad thing.
Which it is.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Tamas on March 12, 2013, 11:58:20 AM
Quote from: Syt on March 12, 2013, 11:21:25 AM

havent heard of that. They already have tax breaks after children and such, and there were plans of decreasing the pensions of those who do not have any children when reaching retirement age, but I think those remained plans.

Didn't Augustus try something like that? I don't think it worked.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Razgovory

Quote from: Tamas on March 13, 2013, 02:49:03 PM
Quote from: Syt on March 13, 2013, 11:06:52 AM
Tamas, you'll love this post from one of my countrymen. :lol:

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?674586-Hungarian-constitutional-reform.&p=15166081&viewfull=1#post15166081

fucking Paradox fucktards

Yikes.  Yi and Derspeiss should read this if for nothing else to demonstrate that fascism does fit into the rightwing spectrum.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017