News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Hungarian Politics

Started by Tamas, March 09, 2011, 01:25:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

What is hilarious, in a sad way, when a blogger/journalist writes about the evident spread of antisemitism, and the slow but steady escalation of racism, like this right-sided journalist who wrote about how he is starting to get afraid, he gets Internet comments like
"you moron, are you insane? what are you talking about? in danger? you will get what's coming for you, you'll see"
"what's your problem? missed the train?"
etc.

exactly like the "behead those who say islam is violent" crowd.

Admiral Yi

5.8% is record inflation?

Tamas

Tamas

couple of weeks ago three Hungarians were kidnapped in Syria, by rebels.

A day or two ago they got released. It's a bit suspicious to be honest.

All 3 are ex-cops. Rumor says they worked for the government and the rebels released them out of a goodwill gesture.

On the press conference with them, hosted by TEK (Anti-terror unit, recently formed, basically the personal army of Orban IIRC the command structure), a TEK officer (in black beret and everything) was caught on microphone leaning to one of the ex-hostages (who claimed to had been tourists in Syria) saying "tell them less, they'll have less chance to pick on it"

:yeahright:

By all chance it is unrelated, but the government-sponsored press has been somewhat busy highlighting in recent weeks, how Assad is a regional hero, in fierce combat against multiculturalism and Islam extremists (yes, both at the same time).

Tamas

To the right are the ex-hostages.

At the center, masquerading as Steven Segal, is the leader of TEK.

Ed Anger

At least your anti terror unit has a cool name.

TEK.

Awesome.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Syt

Commanded by William Shatner.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

Quote from: Tamas on August 28, 2012, 02:47:00 PM
By all chance it is unrelated, but the government-sponsored press has been somewhat busy highlighting in recent weeks, how Assad is a regional hero, in fierce combat against multiculturalism and Islam extremists (yes, both at the same time).

So they want a moderate form of xenophobia.  Islamism goes too far.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

clandestino

So Tamas, I was reading something in the Spanish newspaper El País about the arrest of Bela Biszku on the grounds of actions against the Hungarian revolt* of 1956.

Now, while I was reading this I became somewhat confused on what to think about it: being in favour of Pinochet's arrest in the past, I guess I have to be in favour of this as well, but at the same time, I wonder if this is some attempt by FIDESZ to divert attention from something else.

I'm somewhat confused and maybe this is just an well oiled judicial system working... but why now? Could you share your view on this situation? :)

* this was the first word that came to mind. Not trying to score any political points here...

Tamas

it was a revolution :P

And while I have no doubt the timing of this is to divert attention from the disaster which the rest of this year will be (new budget will be needed, some pretty interesting and dangerous laws will be accepted, etc.), I am glad they are doing this and I hope they will jail the old bastard.

He has been living on a very generous pension, largely forgotten, until a couple of young journalists pretended to be enthusiastic communists and wanted to do an "honoring" interview the old guy. He regrets NOTHING of what he did.

He was the leader behind the executions, the mass arrests, the whole retribution. He is not one inch better than the nazis. He was a major collaborator with foreign occupation forces, and the fact he still breaths is offense enough, let alone the fact that he is a well-off free man on a state pension.

Tamas

Yesterday there was a debate in Parlaiment about a new law concerning domestic violence (since that term doesnt really exist in criminal law yet here).

The take on the subject by government MPs: "women should give birth to children, not try to express themselves and their ambitions"

MEOWTF?!

Valmy

Quote from: Tamas on September 11, 2012, 03:42:27 AM
The take on the subject by government MPs: "women should give birth to children, not try to express themselves and their ambitions"

That sounds like an Ed Anger troll.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on September 11, 2012, 08:54:12 AM
Quote from: Tamas on September 11, 2012, 03:42:27 AM

That sounds like an Ed Anger troll.

Agreed which makes that very sad.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

clandestino

Quote from: Tamas on September 11, 2012, 03:00:49 AM
it was a revolution :P

:) First, thanks for your input. From what I gathered your opinion must be what most hungarians think, apart from some die-hard commies (I guess there are still some). Good decision then.

About the revolt/ revolution, it might be something about language or culture. I guess we couldn't call anything that failed a revolution (that is reserved to the situations that somewhat succeed).