News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Hungarian Politics

Started by Tamas, March 09, 2011, 01:25:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Quote from: Martinus on March 20, 2012, 07:05:29 AM
Apparently a bunch of crazy Polish catholic retirees went to Hungary last week to show their support for Orban (PiS sees Fidesz as the ideal they could have been if they haven't been stopped by "freemasons, Jews, liberal media, feminists and fags"). Has it even registered on the news there?  :D

Read back this thread dude :P

Martinus

Just read a story on them in Newsweek. Apparently, they spent their entire trip searching the train for spies and agents.  :D

Neil

The Hungarian PM used 'ditched carriage'?  Is Hungary in Africa or something?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Tamas

http://www.guardian.co.uk/law/2012/mar/20/tunde-hando-hungarian-judges?newsfeed=true

QuoteImagine a European country where one person can pick the judges. And effectively sack them or transfer them to other courts. And draw up court rules. And initiate legislation on the courts. And hold some 60 other specified legal powers.

Now imagine that this individual has been just given a nine-year term of office. And that, even after that term is up, this hugely powerful figure will simply remain in office unless a successor can command a two-thirds majority in the country's parliament. What would you call a country like that?

Read the rest in the article

Razgovory

QuoteNow imagine that this individual has been just given a nine-year term of office. And that, even after that term is up, this hugely powerful figure will simply remain in office unless a successor can command a two-thirds majority in the country's parliament. What would you call a country like that?

Eastern European.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Zanza

They certainly entrench themselves in positions of power.

I posted this on Paradox. Can't wait to see how the usual suspects will tell us that this is alright and no problem at all.

Lettow77

Hungary is a tragic and adorable figure. I hope she manages to suppress the insidious non-Hungarian elements within her society that threaten a revision of the tragedy of Trianon.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Tamas

Quote from: Lettow77 on March 21, 2012, 12:34:58 PM
Hungary is a tragic and adorable figure. I hope she manages to suppress the insidious non-Hungarian elements within her society that threaten a revision of the tragedy of Trianon.

You seem to be making the mistake of thinking that I am racist, or a nationalist, and therefore could bite on a bait like that.

Zanza

The company I work for has made a very big investment in Hungary. You guys better don't fuck with that or my annual bonus is threatened too.  :P

Neil

Quote from: Zanza on March 21, 2012, 12:46:09 PM
The company I work for has made a very big investment in Hungary. You guys better don't fuck with that or my annual bonus is threatened too.  :P
lol.  You work for stupid people.

What Hungary needs is a cordon sanitaire that will reduce their living standards to Subsaharan levels.  Maybe then they'll learn not to elect dangerous parties or to be so uppity.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Tamas on March 21, 2012, 12:38:15 PM
Quote from: Lettow77 on March 21, 2012, 12:34:58 PM

You seem to be making the mistake of thinking that I am racist, or a nationalist, and therefore could bite on a beet like that.

corrected that for you ;)

Lettow77

Quote from: Tamas on March 21, 2012, 12:38:15 PM
You seem to be making the mistake of thinking that I am racist, or a nationalist, and therefore could bite on a bait like that.

No. I am afraid you are an un-Hungarian element that threatens the sacred national consensus Fidesz has achieved. Your posting here is indicative of how worldly you have become, to the point of abandoning the holy struggles of your country.

Kanashii ne ;-;
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Tamas

Zanza, the Paradox thread is comedy gold, and I applaud you for trying to reason with those folks.

What is sad, however, is that these are young people who play historical strategy games and speak English to one degree or the other - their understanding of the world and Europe must be thus better than most of their countrymen...

The Larch

Quote from: Tamas on March 23, 2012, 04:54:06 PM
Zanza, the Paradox thread is comedy gold, and I applaud you for trying to reason with those folks.

What is sad, however, is that these are young people who play historical strategy games and speak English to one degree or the other - their understanding of the world and Europe must be thus better than most of their countrymen...

The golden share of idiocy in that thread is supplied by a Greek, though.

I've already praised Zanza a couple of times before for his patience debating with the knuckleheads over there, either he has saint-like patience or is a masochist debater.  :lol:

Razgovory

Quote from: Razgovory on March 21, 2012, 12:17:11 PM
QuoteNow imagine that this individual has been just given a nine-year term of office. And that, even after that term is up, this hugely powerful figure will simply remain in office unless a successor can command a two-thirds majority in the country's parliament. What would you call a country like that?

Eastern European.

Dammit!  I was going to say that!  That bastard!  He's always one step ahead. <_<
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017